Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While waiting for an ebay auction to end this week on a holster for my Colt, I decided since I had some left over leather laying around, I'd just make one.

I realize it looks like something made in 4H club, but hey! I loved 4H and it sure has paid off. Waddya think?

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Who is gonna argue with a pistol packin' momma?? Luv the insert design. Better 4H than Special Ed. Just sayin'. :D So did you win the auction??

·
Super Moderator
13,825 Posts
I like it! Especially the artistic addition, that really makes it. You done good, Miss Kitty.

·
Super Moderator
21,544 Posts
Nothing wrong with your hand made holster kind of makes it look authentic. If you ask me. :)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Nice work on the holster.

Happy Mother's Day.

·
Super Moderator
26,970 Posts
Think thats a great job! Well done MK! But now you have to make a saddle boot for your Henry, then buy a horse...its like gun owning...never stops!

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
Rod, I think Miss Kitty already made a saddle boot for her Henry, now she just needs a horse. I heard someone just a day or two ago with a 28 year old horse they wanted to give away!

Miss Kitty, beautiful job on the holster, a certain feminine and yet all business look to it. Maybe you should start making holsters for ladies. Big Skiff knows how to set up a shop....I'm sure he will provide financial backing too! :)

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
CatLady got mad skillz with the leather tooling.

Pretty impressive. Where'd you learn to do this?

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
I think it looks great! Especially with that revolver. Well done.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
848 Posts
Never mind the e-bay auction. You should make them and sell them on e-bay.
Pretty nice looking holster

·
Registered
289 Posts
Very nice! It's even better when you just have enough stuff "laying" around to complete a job when the mood strikes. All I can say is WTG!

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CatLady got mad skillz with the leather tooling.

Pretty impressive. Where'd you learn to do this?
In my bedroom last night @ around 9:45pm LOL! Actually I just took a good hard look at my tandy leather holster that I made from a kit and decided I could make a pattern, punch some holes and whaala. I had leather scraps from when I made the stock cover for my Henry. I made the pattern first with some thick sketch paper, laid the Colt down and then traced it. I've got a hole punch tool thingy and just went to town.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
...and if you clean fish too...I'll marry you.

Fishing is my 2nd most favorite thing to do. I have an award winning dough ball recipe for catching catfish. Well, maybe I didn't really get an award, but everyone who has tried it agreed it's the best catfish bait they've used. Jack actually refuses to go fishing with me anymore because he spends more time helping me take the hooks out and stringing them than he does actual fishing. I had a game warden come over one afternoon to see what I was using because I was pulling them out so fast. I had to promise to bring him some the next time we came to the lake.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts