Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,112 Posts
I applied for my CHL 6 business days ago and it's already back in the US mail today. I'm impressed with the efficiency of our local county sheriff's office. The day I applied there were lines of people there for the same reason and it took a good hour to complete the process (most of it waiting to get finger printed). With that many people applying I assumed it would take most of the 6 weeks the sheriff is allowed for processing to get a return. But here I am a week later and "legal"! I've complained about government red tape and "gunk" slowing things up in the system enough that I owe these local officials a resounding, "Well done!"
I'm impressed there Clark. Beat my Ga delivery by one day. Got mine 7 business days after I applied. We have been warned here, though, that due to the excessive demand nowadays to re-up as soon as legally allowed here (I think we can re-apply within 90 days of our expiration date but if we can show that we followed the rules that our current license/permit will still be honored until our new ones shows up in the mail).

But Georgia has redesigned its permits; they now contain a photo like a DL - in past only thing it contained was a thumbprint.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts