Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
untill I saw this. plus the guy wanted $200 too much for the taurus and something came up and I can't go to the gunshow this weekend. even if he would have had a pt1911 right there for $500 I probly would have gone with this.

colt 1991a1 old roll mark. shot and handled very little by all aperances.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Very nice Colt there! Had any range time with it yet?
I suppose the PT1911 could always be a future purchase. :D

Best Wishes

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went and shot it today. I made a note to not grip it too high but I still felt the hammer kiss my hand once. my dad was an armorer in the marine corps back when they still used 1911's so I'm going to have him work some magic on it. I forgot to bring some targets so we had to shoot at some old bits of wood laying around and I wasn't able to get a good group size but it seamed very acurate and no malfunctions.

·
Registered
113 Posts
bigghoss said:
went and shot it today. I made a note to not grip it too high but I still felt the hammer kiss my hand once. my dad was an armorer in the marine corps back when they still used 1911's so I'm going to have him work some magic on it. I forgot to bring some targets so we had to shoot at some old bits of wood laying around and I wasn't able to get a good group size but it seamed very acurate and no malfunctions.
No hammer kiss with a PT1911! Thanks to the extended beaver tail...LOL

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Yes, that extended beaver tail is a nice feature to have. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts