Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched a "documentary" on the history channel last night, I think it was made by the Alien Autopsy people. It was about Vile Vortices and the science was pretty bad, so bad in fact that I could not look away. They were using an EMP to render a radioactive isotope of aluminum to be non radioactive (successfully!) To stop the drag on the Earths molten iron core caused by the isotope aluminum 26 placed there by aliens. Should have stopped watching right at the introduction of the aliens and their GPS system, but much like a train wreck I watched to the end. What the hell has happened to the History Channel?

·
Registered
27,172 Posts
Watched a "documentary" on the history channel last night, I think it was made by the Alien Autopsy people. It was about Vile Vortices and the science was pretty bad, so bad in fact that I could not look away. They were using an EMP to render a radioactive isotope of aluminum to be non radioactive (successfully!) To stop the drag on the Earths molten iron core caused by the isotope aluminum 26 placed there by aliens. Should have stopped watching right at the introduction of the aliens and their GPS system, but much like a train wreck I watched to the end. What the hell has happened to the History Channel?
Obviously, they have lost their minds in the pursuit of ratings.

The scary part is that shows like this get better ratings that a re-show of Victory at Sea.

Or maybe the scary part is that you may be the only one who watched who realizes that the "science" isn't science.

Oh heck, I just don't know what the scariest part is.

But in any case, go spend time teaching a kid how to shoot. That will get you your two hours back.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Name of the show was "Devils Graveyards" if anyone wants to see bad acting and bad science. I would love to take one of my kids shooting, but it's too damn cold out today. Good day to reload though.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

Zombies.jpg

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
but much like a train wreck I watched to the end. What the hell has happened to the History Channel?
When you stop watching trash like that and the History channel sees' the ratings maybe they will stop showing stuff like that . The only thing i watch the History channel anymore is for "Pickers" and anything about Living in Alaska . I use to watch PawnStars but i cannot stand thatdisrespectful son that hates his dad . You heard right he hates his dad . Last show i watched was when dad took all the employees to the Hoover Dam for the day and got a special tour throught the inside . Cory called his dad a SOB and said that's why i hate you so much . That did it for me ! Never again . I even went on their FB page and posted how crude Ricks son was and disrespectful and that i would never watch again . And i have not !

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I saw that it was on... and now I am glad I didnt watch! :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am already pissed at the History channel over all their "reality tv" Pickers, Pawnstars, and all that gator killin tree cuttin crap. The only thing I still watched on their miserable channel was the documentaries and now I can't even watch that.

·
Administrator
39,505 Posts
I agree. A lot of junk on the History Channel. I've found some interesting documentaries on the Smithsonian Channel.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
The History Channel is now the Pawn Stars/AmericanPickers channel. I rarely watch it anymore. It's a
shame it and other channels like the Weather Channel and Animal Planet have drifted away from informative
and interesting television (for me at least) into the world of Reality television.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I too was curious and turned it on. After 3 minutes the Wife said, "Aw c'mon, isn't there a special on the search for lost nasal boogers somewhere?"

What I did see of "Devils Graveyard" has left me searching for something....like the right words to describe the depths the History channel has sunk to. I wish there were some kind of official "History" collective that could sue them for misrepresentation.

Reactions: jimb1972 and bigC

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I am already pissed at the History channel over all their "reality tv" Pickers, Pawnstars, and all that gator killin tree cuttin crap. The only thing I still watched on their miserable channel was the documentaries and now I can't even watch that.
I do like pawn stars.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
the only thing The History Channel is doing is selling commercial time and you aren't getting your 2 hrs back.

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Hey, you turned the tv to that channel and then you continued to watch.
I think you got what you deserved. :icon_ poke:

I remember when the History channel, the Discovery channel and A&E had programming
reflecting their names. Now it's the same old reality garbage over and over.

What we need is a channel called "This is the really bad channel that broadcasts nothing but garbage" channel.
At least it would be truth in advertizing. Discovery channel my big old behind. Only thing they have discovered lately
are a bunch of morbidly obese hillbillies with 3 teeth doing odd things in a swamp. Good job folks.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Back when I last watched the History channel, we called it the war channel; because it was mostly about wars.
Of course, that makes sense because most history involves wars, conflicts, tensions, etc.....

But ever since the Military Channel came out and they showed WWII in HD, I haven't been back to the history channel.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, you turned the tv to that channel and then you continued to watch.
I think you got what you deserved. :icon_ poke:

I remember when the History channel, the Discovery channel and A&E had programming
reflecting their names. Now it's the same old reality garbage over and over.

What we need is a channel called "This is the really bad channel that broadcasts nothing but garbage" channel.
At least it would be truth in advertizing. Discovery channel my big old behind. Only thing they have discovered lately
are a bunch of morbidly obese hillbillies with 3 teeth doing odd things in a swamp. Good job folks.
Every once in a while they put on a good documentary, they had a good one about WWII and the lead up to it this year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts