Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow...i just came back from gandermountain and while there i played around with an M&P .40 fullsized and a compact 9mm. let me say that this gun feel GREAT in the hand and kinda reminds of how it was when i first felt the XD. its just ergonomically sound and really shows the direction in which handgun making is headed.

had they come out with this gun in a compact .45acp already, i would have likely got it rather than my PT145. that being said...i will definitely have it on my list to buy when im ready to invest again. im happy with my PT145 Pro, but this gun just felt a little bit better in my hand. i wonder if i would still have purchased the PT145 down the line like i plan on buying on of these guns eventually??? i like to think that i would have.

so does anyone here on the forum have one of these guns. how do you like it and what are the problems if any?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been looking at the M&P 9mm fullsize for a couple of months I decided on the 9mm because I have enough 45's and 40's in XD's , 1911's ETC with some conversion barrels for the xd's. Have you looked at the Firearms Exchange on Wayne rd. in Westland ??? They usually have some pretty good prices!!!!!!!!!  Where do you shoot at in the big D  ??? By the way I'm in Livonia

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
frosteyes: i usually go to shoot at either firingline (westland) or at topgun (taylor). my brother and some friends insist on target sports (too many "movie star-showoff-wannabe gangsta-hey check out me gun" types out there for me. many of my old co-workers go to firingline so i make it there primarily, otherwise im at topgun. let me know if you shoot the same spots, i go about 2x per month now, sometimes more (used to be a lot much more before i got married ;D ).

i bought my pt145 from firarmsexchange (nice guys, they have earned more business from me)...they do have excellent prices and were actually less than gander mountain who i have found to have good prices on their guns (i believe both price match as well). it was the first time i saw the m&p actually, but didn't mess with it that much. did you get your m&p from there? and how has it held up in comparison to your XD's?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have the M&P 9mm compact on my list of purchases as well. The only concern I have is with the lack of a safety. The trigger safety makes me a little nervous...

I think those little guns feel very nice, and will make a good CCW.

Todd

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
The .357 sig version is on my want list :drool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
KaliS-Pugilist I shoot at firing line and wolverine and once in a while at top gun, I work afternoons so i sneek into firingline in the mornings befor work usually a couple of times a week, i know most of the people there and have bought a few pistols there, i try to window shop firearms exchange a couple a times a week also. I haven't picked up the M&P yet I have the $$$$ set aside but just haven't done it I guess I'm looking for the right deal. I'll PM you my cell number and call me sometime and I'll bring a few different ones to shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I too want one as it is very lefty friendly, ambi slide stop and quick change mag button. Then again I'm so used to the right handed guns that I will be messed up to start!

Now to decide on compact or full size, 9mm for me for ammo cost.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I happened to be at the range when the S&W rep. was there and I was able to shoot the M&P 40! It was a real pleasure to shoot - mild recoil for a 40! The rep. said S&W adjusted? the timing to improve the recoil - they sure did! I ordered one and pick it up tomorrow!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The M&Ps are nice. I just don't like way they did their trigger safety. It feels weird TO ME. I love my BiTone Tact XD45. I shoot it very well. The recoil is very little.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought the full sized M&P felt very nice, but my pinkie wouldn't fit on the grip of the compact. It doesn't bother some people, but not being able to have a full hand on the grip just feels very unstable to me.

My PT111 is just right.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think they look nice, but can't get past the idea of it's daddy being a Sigma... I know that Sigma pretty much worked out their bugs long ago, it just sticks in my mind. I think its the trigger that I dislike the most, all those extra moving parts out there, all exposed.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The pinky thing you can get used to. I've got the same thing with my XD. But that reduced length is nice for carry, you don't think about printing near as much.

Steelheart

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will soon be picking up a compact 9, I can get it from a local shop for $489 before tax, Im gonna try and talk him down 20 or 30 bucks I will offer cash and I have a CCW so I should be able to get it for a little cheaper. I was gonna get a para warthog but those things are very uncomfortable, then when I touched the M&P I almost cried a little :). Im a pretty skinny guy and when I put it in my waistband it didn't print at all through a normal shirt, plus I think they all come with two mags, one with the flat bottom and one with the extra length so thats good. Im chomping at the bit waiting for a large check to get to me and then she will be mine.

·
22,058 Posts
I have had the M&P .40 for just over a year. Love it....
High round count with accuracy and reliability. Out of thousands of rounds maybe 3 malfunctions which were attributed to my reloads.
I have had the M&P .45 for about 4 months. Still under 1K round count but zero malfuntions. I used in an IPSC match this week for the first time. Love it too.
My next purchase will be the M&P Pro 9mm 5 in. barrel. Between it and my 24/7 LS
I will be set for competition.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts