Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had the honor and privilege to walk my stepdaughter down the aisle and hand her to the man that will now assume the role of her husband. It wasn't a traditional wedding by any stretch of the imagination but everything went off better than even the event planners could have dreamt of. I used to make a living as a wedding photographer back before digital cameras and have shot hundreds if not thousands of weddings. It's a really weird feeling being on the other side of the lens. I am mentally, emotional and physically wiped out and my wife is in even worse shape. We gave it our all because our daughter was worth us putting in the effort.
I know it didn't happen without pictures and when I get some I'll post them, but it was more important to post this as soon as I was able to.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Congratulations. Have you and the S-I-L been to the range yet?

Reactions: LdyOfPeace

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Congratulations to the Bride and Groom. As they will now begin to work in making there marriage strong and vibrant together, you may now take a break and relax as you reflect on your last and more calm future.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Congrats to All!! Your daughter is fortunate to have found someone that loves and respects her. No one that my Daughter has brought home has been worthy of her love. Sad, I can honestly say they have all been useless jerks and a waste of oxygen and I am very easy to get along with.
My bit of advice, always show respect, agree to disagree.

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations. Have you and the S-I-L been to the range yet?
No, we actually have that scheduled for a couple of weeks from now. I mean the boy needs to know how to shoot and when to shoot to protect my daughter, right?

·
Super Moderator
21,440 Posts
My oldest daughter had a wonderful relationship with my Father. When she got married she asked if the both of us could walk her down the isle!

Knowing how close they were and my dad only had 2 sons I happily agreed. It was so special!

I'm really happy for you as this experience only happens maybe one or two times in a Father's life.
May their marriage be strong and filled with joy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
Bridal portrait.

The wedding pictures will be available in a couple of weeks.

7EA1A272-2F8B-4D0F-A8F5-B568FDB3B3F8.jpeg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Congratulations! A truly magical moment between a Father and Daughter.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Peace cleans up real good! 🥰🥰

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
The adorable flower girls ������ A4E0E65F-70B6-4BD9-AAE9-34E4A904EE35.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
No, we actually have that scheduled for a couple of weeks from now. I mean the boy needs to know how to shoot and when to shoot to protect my daughter, right?
...and he needs to know what will happen to him if need be.

I really don't know how you did it. I cannot imagine walking my girl down a long aisle just to hand her over to some guy who can never be worthy. I've had fathers tell me that when it is the right one, it is gratifying, but at this point, I cannot fathom "a right one".

·
21,940 Posts
I'm so happy for you DB! Congratulations! Looks like it was a beautiful ceremony!

·
Super Moderator
35,534 Posts
Congratulations to all, marriage is one of the most optimistic events for our future!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts