Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright gentlemen [and any ladies present], out of curiosity which firearm that you own sees the most amount of range time and in contrast, which sees the least amount?

Currently my PT92 is seeing the most range time, even though I try to be fair and rotate around between usage. It calls out and seems to get 2x as much playtime as any of the others.

The firearm I'm currently shooting the least is my Raging Bull .500 Magnum. Ammo costs are the primary reason for shooting it as little as I have been but it's a special treat to take it out on occasion.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
shoot most: pt92 (9mm)
shoot least: ruger blackhawk (.357), and taurus tracker (.357)

reason why i dont shoot the .357 much is cost, 38spl and .357 are on the high side..

on the other hand i always take my pt92 because this is the gun i also keep loaded for HD.
i always take a .22lr after i get 2 or 3 50rnd boxes out of hte way with the 92 i move over to the .22 for some fun because it's relatively cheap to shoot.. even 9mm gets expensive after a while.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
My 357 tracker the most( cause it is the only big handgun i own) :'(
But my Ruger Mark II see's about the same..( ammo is a WHOLE lot cheaper) :D

Don't have a least yet..lol 8)

·
Registered
138 Posts
My PT111 the most.
My FEG PA63 in 9x18 Mak, the least

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Using the Glock 22 the most right now since it goes to work with me every day.

As far as the least use, the award goes to my 444 UltraLite. I only carry it hiking and haven't done that in a few weeks.

·
Administrator
17,596 Posts
My PT92 generally sees the most Range time of any of my hardware.
Been putting in some Range Time on my new 24/7, but I expect that will taper off.
My older .45 EAA Witness used to get a lot of Range time, but with Bullet Prices up and Reloading Components scarcer, I've sort of been holding off on it. I've also not been shooting IPSC lately, but I hope to get back into it. It just won't be very soon.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Ruger P345 the most.
Ruger Vaquero single action the least.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I try to rotate what I take to the range but I like to make sure the guns that are "out for use" get shot the most. Especially by my wife. For her that would be her carry weapon, S&W M36 and the Taurus Pt111mp, used as a nightstand/carry gun for me.
Now that I have a .22 in the lineup(S&W 22A), it gets shot the most and we then follow up with whatever else we brought along.
These days my revolvers get shot the least, as I'm carrying auto's these days and I want my training to focus on them.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Of my handguns I'd say that my M94 get the most range time due to ammo costs. My Ruger 22/45 is a close second to that. In centerfire my M85 is probably next but thats due to a friend coming out and she likes that gun. For me it'd be my XD followed by my M650 as these are my primary and secondary carry guns.

The handgun that gets the least time would be my East German Makarov. It comes out once in a while but I don't stock much ammo for it. Then again, it is a back-up carry gun so when it does come out it gets shot a bit. I don't tend to bring it out during the summer as I don't want to let the humidity at it.

Steelheart

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I have an Ultra Star 9mm that I haven't shot for several years.
So, I suppose that will be the one with the least range time.
And, my Springfield Champion Loaded 1911 model gets the most
range time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Only have 2 so my choice is limited. PT-111 the most, PT-145 the least.Difference between the two is only a couple hundred rounds, wanted to break both in and ammo for the 9mm is cheaper so it gets a little more use, maybe more now that they're broke in.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most: PT1911 (both in .45 and with the .22lr conversion I bought for her)
Least: KT P32 - she just usually stays in my carry rig at the range :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Most: my PT 92 and S&W M&P40
Least: my S&W and the PT92.
Actual least is my old S&W Model 10 revolver.
Try like heck to shoot them both at the range every time .

·
Registered
579 Posts
Most- 27/9 9mm
Least- Judge

Price of ammo is the only reason. I am leaning toward the .22 alot more these days

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just getting back in the game, I currently own only 3 handguns. Cost of ammo being what it is, most use goes to my Walther P22, followed by the Taurus 970 and last, but not that far behind, the Steyr M9-A1.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I would say most would be (round countwise) Beretta 92 and least Norinco .22LR...Oh I also have a lightly used P220ST that I got a few weeks ago that I haven't had a chance to shoot.... :eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Most would be the pt111 I've had it the longest. The least the gaucho it is too cool to look at to shoot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts