Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! You scoundrels, I'm talking about the Gunbroker auction on that sweet looking .44 special model 441 with the sexy wood grips.

This little beauty went for $421.01 as the auction time ran out...I puked out at $377.00 as a maximum bid.

Actually, I'm glad I was out bid, auction fever damn near had me counter bidding but common sense told me enough is enough...quit.

Besides, I've already got this little beauty...same dang gun, but no sexy grips...yet.

TB C45

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tracker Backer, One .44 Special isn't enough! Are those WW Silvertips I see poking out? Frank

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank, I wanted them grips more than anything, thought maybe I'd sell the gun later on if need be.

Right now I'm trying my damnedest to do some business with Hogue mfg. to make me some custom grips just like the wood in the picture...so far, nothing back from them. Guess they are in no hurry to make some money off me.

I tried to correspond by phone and emails, nothing seems to work with Hogue. The young lady who answered the phone gave me some reps leave a message extension, he's never called back.

Meanwhile, I'm grinding my molars down as I still want them dang grips.

AS to them bullets peeking out towards the cylinder throats, I never buy factory rounds, they be SWC cast bullets much like a Keith type.

TB C45

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robby, yes, you did see them grips on the Hogue website, but the trouble is they aren't shown in the orange type wood like on the auction site of that beautiful 441 wearing them.

The seller said they was Goncalo alves, but that isn't right. I think they are Coco Bolo but need to confirm that with the slow-pokes at Hogue.

I'm also trying to contact a dealer on ebay who's selling Hogue wood grips at a buy now price of $58...sure hope he can come up with the ones I want.

TB C45

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I have tried that site. No help there.

Hogue is really starting to steam me from their lack of response to my inquiry.

Wish I knew a good wood carver or grip maker in this area. There's one guy named Keith Brown down south, but lost his address...and he is swamped with work, takes nearly a year to get something back from him...but he is excellent.

Jim

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Tracker Backer C45 said:
Hogue is really starting to steam me from their lack of response to my inquiry.

Jim
Yeah, almost a week since I asked them about which full cover grips would fit my Rossi 461 357.

I got a response from Fobus, about holsters, but still left me wondering should I order a J357, which they say fits S&W, Tauri, and Rossi 88, or go with the TA85 that they make for the latest 38 Rossi's 351 & 352.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Tracker, that's a nice artillery piece you got there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tracker Backer C45 said:
Actually, I'm glad I was out bid, auction fever damn near had me counter bidding but common sense told me enough is enough...quit.
That's tough to do sometimes. Looks like you made out more than "okay", too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts