Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop I work at got in a Mossberg 500 Road Blocker in yesterday, it is a little over the top for my taste but heck it sells. I made a tag for it, open the box to put it out and was surprised by the included accessory but maybe I just don't get it and Mossberg is trying to save their cusomers some money with a popular accessory.

If you have a short pistol grip shot gun with, forend loop, heatshield and a HUGE muzzle break what else would you need??

A Bi-pod of course! Yes Mossy includes a simple barrel clamp bi-pod, guess it's to steady your aim on those long shots?

I think the guys at mossy are just seeing what they can put on a gun and still sell it.

Attachments

·
Banned
134 Posts
yep, I been at this stuff for 47 years, intensively, and I don't see the purpose in that, but maybe their is one. ? setting up a defensive position for a really petite, elderly or handicapped woman, maybe, over the couch or the bathtub? :) I'd think that she'd be ahead with a Hi point 9mm carbine and some practice with a 22 autorifle, myself.

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's a display stand?

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
I do have to say that the Barret style brake on the front looks hilarious, and I wouldn't trust that barrel bipod to hold up to anything over bird shot.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
What? I see a spare inch between the extended mag tube and the rear of the muzzle brake. "When there is room for an accessory - add one!" *mall ninja*

I'm a big Mossberg fan but OY! I say mount the bipod. load it up with 3" magnum slugs, drop to a prone position and let's make a YouTube video!!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope my post didn't come off wrong. I love Mossberg and applaud them for having a sense of humor, it also gave everyone in the shop a great laugh. If I owned it that bi-pod would never come off.

On a side note, it sold today!!

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Well all I can say is ... I bought a Remington 870 tactical. But I still want a Mossberg!! No pistol grips for me, however. I want my forearm and my shoulder in it! HA HA!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts