Taurus Firearm Forum banner

I think I'm gonna do it

614 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Sterling 
#1 ·
I've been wanting a revolver in 9x19. I have TONS of brass in 9x19 left over from when I used to shoot IDPA. I don't carry the caliber much anymore, but do have a Dillon square deal set up for it. I load a 105 cast Lee bullet sized to .357" in 9x19 so I think it should shoot really great in a .357" revolver. What I'd REALLY like is a Blackhawk convertible. Well, I have a 6.5" Blackhawk in .357 already. Drove to a couple of gun shops today thinkin' I'd like to trade it in on a blued 4 5/8" convertible. BUT, the other alternative is to ship it off to Ruger and have a cylinder fitted. I found no Blackhawks, so I got on the Ruger site. Couldn't find a price on a cylinder, but it did say price for fitting it is 50 bucks. I tried to call them, but they're closed for the holidays. Figure they'll be there Monday. So, I think I'll just have 'em fit a cylinder to my Blackhawk which doesn't get a lot of shooting now days. I've hunted with the gun and heavy magnums, but never shoot .38 in it as it's a good shooter with .357 and strong enough i don't need to baby it. But, 9x19 would be really cool to shoot in the gun with my light practice loads which are loaded just hot enough to function my Kel Tec and Ruger P85.

I had thought of getting a Ruger LCR in 9x19 or one of the new Charters. Nobody has the Charter and the LCR is DAO. I don't want a snubby, either, want a 4" or longer...at LEAST a 3". This will just be for the range, have no other real use for it. :D I've got several days to weigh the options. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Most of the Ruger interchangeable cylinders will fit in the Blackhawks. The 45 acp cylinders are going for crazy prices now, one reason is the fact they seldom require fitting. The 9's are the same usually in the 357 Blackhawks. Before prices got crazy I bought spare cylinders for several guns.

#8 · (Edited)
Well, they're out for the holidays, but should be in Monday morning when I call 'em. Will have to box the gun and take it to Hallettsville (ups there) to ship. It'll be almost like getting a new gun to play with. :D

What would kill the deal is if the cylinder is ridiculously priced. If I can trade my gun in on a new convertible with a short barrel for less, I'll go shopping instead.

Reactions: jwc007
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.