Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have a ghost in My house, I’m always hearing sounds coming from other rooms in the house but I have cats so noises from other rooms aren’t unusual.
About a week ago I heard something bumping around in the next room and since all 30 of My cats (actually 4) were on the bed with Me, I knew it wasn’t one of them so I got My flashlight and went to investigate, as soon as I entered the room the noise stopped.
I didn’t see anything out of place so I went to My bedroom and went back to sleep.
Saturday night I was giving treats to said cats and as I was counting them out a can of insecticide that was sitting on the counter next to Me fell over, it was a perfectly flat counter and there was nothing to act on the can.
I said out loud “You stop that right now”, after I finished what I was doing I got one of My Bibles and placed it on the counter.
Earlier today I was walking past a bookcase and a stack of video games came flying out at Me, again I said “You stop that right now”, I don’t feel threatened or maligned it just feels like there’s a 3rd party in the house that’s not supposed to be here.

·
Super Moderator
36,024 Posts
Thanks for making the hair on the back of my neck rise...sweet dreams.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
No reason to doubt you whatsoever, or doubt that you have a presence in the house.

As a much younger man, my brother and I rented a house that was haunted by the spirit of the previous owner. She was an elderly lady that took in elderly boarders in the house. At times there where noises, muffled voices of talking women, and even a few physical manifestations of spirit presence. She was actually very protective of my brother and I. I was in college at the time and he was going through flight school. After we moved out we later learned that a few of her older boarders had actually died in the house. I could tell you some REALLY interesting stories.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
I never really believed in spirits but that sure changed quick. When I was leaving VA Beach to come back to PA, I spent a few months in an efficiency apartment in a motel on the strip. One night, just after I'd turned out the light and laid down, I felt a weight on the bottom corner of the bed, as if someone had sat down there. I turned on the light and didn't see anything so I just turned off the light and laid down again. I sleep mostly on my stomach and had just gotten into position, when I felt a weight on the bed again. This time, it was at my left side and near the edge of the bed. It wasn't as heavy as before but I definitely felt the mattress sink to that side . Almost immediately after, I felt the same at my other side, as if someone were on their knees and straddling me. I admit, I was frozen with fear so my first thought was to ask "who's there?" Yeah...:doh:..I know. Anyway, I felt that closeness you feel when another body gets close to you, like someone leaning down on me and heard not in a whisper but in a clear, soft voice..."Laura". I only knew one Laura there at that time and that was definitely not her voice...:mellow:...not that it would've made a lot of difference at that point. I freaked out, spinning around with my left arm to hit whoever was there and flipping the light switch with my right while shouting "get outa' here!" Of course, there was nobody there when the light came on but that's definitely the most frightened I've ever been. I didn't sleep much at night for the next couple weeks and when I did, the lights were on.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
109 Posts
My mom would say she thinks my dads mom is still in the house I grew up in. We moved in the house in 70, grandpa and grandma moved to town. A few years ago my mom asked me to stay there when they went away for the weekend, one night I was woke up by air moving by and the smell of perfume. The perfume smell was gone real quick, I have not experianced anything there since. One neighbor who bought a farm down the road claimed the deceased owner was there and violent, they tore the house down and built a new one, they moved not long after. Most people thought she was nuts and she was kind of a female dog. I have not heard if there is anything going on there now.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Could be a ghost, could be imps. not enough info to know really. Just acknowledge the presence and tell it to keep it down.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Interesting fact...after you crack an egg, don't just throw the shell in the trash. Crush it first. If you don't, tiny witches will enter your house at night and fly around the place in the egg shell causing untold mischief. Don't ask me how I know.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I never really believed in spirits but that sure changed quick. When I was leaving VA Beach to come back to PA, I spent a few months in an efficiency apartment in a motel on the strip. One night, just after I'd turned out the light and laid down, I felt a weight on the bottom corner of the bed, as if someone had sat down there. I turned on the light and didn't see anything so I just turned off the light and laid down again. I sleep mostly on my stomach and had just gotten into position, when I felt a weight on the bed again. This time, it was at my left side and near the edge of the bed. It wasn't as heavy as before but I definitely felt the mattress sink to that side . Almost immediately after, I felt the same at my other side, as if someone were on their knees and straddling me. I admit, I was frozen with fear so my first thought was to ask "who's there?" Yeah...:doh:..I know. Anyway, I felt that closeness you feel when another body gets close to you, like someone leaning down on me and heard not in a whisper but in a clear, soft voice..."Laura". I only knew one Laura there at that time and that was definitely not her voice...:mellow:...not that it would've made a lot of difference at that point. I freaked out, spinning around with my left arm to hit whoever was there and flipping the light switch with my right while shouting "get outa' here!" Of course, there was nobody there when the light came on but that's definitely the most frightened I've ever been. I didn't sleep much at night for the next couple weeks and when I did, the lights were on.
Could have been a succubus. Could have been an interesting night!

Yeah, I've had stuff happen too that defies logic. I've had a number of premonitions that came true.

Was out with a couple of friends one night when an incense burner flew off the television, three
times. First time, maybe vibration made it fall off. Second time, something's wrong. Third time, I went home.
Friend could deal with it.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
Could have been a succubus. Could have been an interesting night!

Yeah, I've had stuff happen too that defies logic. I've had a number of premonitions that came true.

Was out with a couple of friends one night when an incense burner flew off the television, three
times. First time, maybe vibration made it fall off. Second time, something's wrong. Third time, I went home.
Friend could deal with it.

All the Best,
D. White
Yeah, I didn't know anything about those at the time but the incident did get me to do some research and I'll admit...:unsure:...I do wonder what might've been if I hadn't been scared outa' my wits. Looking back, she didn't seem to mean any harm and her voice was rather sexy. A couple years ago, I did some searching and found an article from the VA Pilot about an unsolved murder that had occurred 7 years prior at that motel. The victim was female and in her early 30s but they didn't say which room, cause of death or give her name.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Think stuff like that is pretty cool. Wish i could experience something.
I've dealt with all sorts of events since I was a toddler. At best, it was odd occurrences, at worst, painful confrontations. If you don't believe in paranormal topics, plan on spending a LOT of money on years of therapy. Most time, it just throws you off a bit; kinda like having to step around a dog that decides to stop and scratch but has to be in front of you. You adjust and continue on your day.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
So, then you've seen my ex-wife.
Just a bit of advice because I like you.
Run. Run as fast as you can.
If you see MY ex-wife, running won't help. She's been cremated these five years, already.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I want a ghost!

·
Super Moderator
17,703 Posts
About a year after we were married, my wife suddenly awoke and cried out in the middle of the night. She said she had a dream that her great-grandmother was talking to her telling her how sorry she was that she couldn't make our wedding and never got to meet me, among other apologies and subjects. It was not like your normal dream, it was much more vivid. We went back to sleep and the next morning while I was making breakfast we got the phone call that her great-grandmother had passed in the middle of the night.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have heard two schools of thought on ghosts. One is that "Ghosts have to be seen to be believed in!" and the other is "Ghosts have to be believed in to be seen!"

I have never experienced anything like ghosts in my life so I tend to fall into the latter school of thought although I really do try to keep an open mind on such things.

My 2nd wife would swear that her dead grandmother would come to visit her about once a month. She adamantly believed it. I asked her if she talked to her grandmother about anything and she replied that they talked about how they used to bake cookies and cakes, sewing dresses and stuff like that. My reply was "Someone came back from the dead to talk to you and all you could think to talk about was baking cookies? Why not ask her what it is like on 'the other side"? I told her that I would love to meet her grandmother and asked her to wake me the next time she came to visit. Of course, she never woke me even though she claimed more than once that grandma was there the night before while I was asleep.

A buddy's wife told me that sometimes she would see apparitions in their house. Usually it was just a fast-moving part of a torso or just 'something' moving quickly through a room and you could see through it. I am more inclined to believe her type of experience. I am sure that she saw something....not sure if it was something real or imagined but I did believe that she was being truthful.

·
Registered
13,937 Posts
Been there, Done that!!! Paranormal investigators agreed, packed up early and never came back. Did catch some interesting photos that corroborate what was felt over the years.

Yes, I believe in what can't be explained, seen, and felt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts