Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On July 4[SUP]th[/SUP] 2020 I was taken by ambulance to the local emergency room. I was taken inside by a separate entrance and put in an observation room in the back of the ER section of the hospital. No one except ER staff members were allowed to be in the room or to speak to me. After many questions, x-rays, being attached to several monitors and oxygen, and of course the Covid-19 test of a long q-tip stuck up each nostril, I was the next positive case in the county. I was scared and could do nothing about it.

Thankfully my case was not severe, and I survived, but after 8 days I still had some issues with my lungs because of the pneumonia that developed. My brother was also in the hospital a couple of hundred miles away with the virus and spent almost two weeks there in isolation with no one being able to see him. He is home now, but still having some lingering issues from the virus.

A good friend is dead. He tested positive and it was only about a day and he was in ICU on a ventilator. After almost two weeks without his family being able to see him he passed away at 5:15 AM this past Sunday morning, having only seen the strangers in hospital gowns and masks.

If you think it can’t happen to you or that there is no way you would die from it you better think again, because you don’t have a cape and any special powers to keep you safe.

You can argue or debate all you want, but there are only two things that are important, this virus kills, and we need a way to stop it now. I will be at the funeral of my friend this Wednesday, the victim of Covid-19.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Sorry about the loss of your friend. Prayers go out so his family may find peace.
I choose to wear my mask. I sanitize before entering my home or truck. I social distance. I hope that i will not catch covid19 i try i hope others will learn soon... peace be with you.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Sorry for the loss of a dear friend, really good friends seem to be so much more difficult to find now days.

Our prayers go out to his family to find peace is his passing also in learning to cope with these difficult times of healing.

Prayers also sent for you, your brother and families for a complete recovery and mental ease in finding peace.

These are difficult times were many do not or will not accept that this horrendous unseen (as in naked to the eye) aggressive virus that attack the human body health system exist. As sad as your experience with the virus has been, I appreciate your sharing your story. Maybe, just maybe by doing so you will save a few lives or at least open a few eyes to deeper thought and research when it comes to wearing a mask in public or keeping a social distance.

·
8,337 Posts
Thank you for posting your story, more of those who think it is just another flu, need to see your comments. I hope your recovery continues.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
I'm really glad you're better. And, my condolences for your friend. So tragic, and I pray you gain strength beyond all understanding. God bless.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Powerful words.

·
21,959 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you and your brother are out of the hospital!

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
Thank you for sharing this with us. Sometimes a reminder to all of us is in order. My prayers for your friend's family, and for you and your family. I'm glad you're here to continue being a part of the forum.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
​Prayers Sent!!!!!

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Prayers sent sir.................

·
Registered
322 Posts
My condolences. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Thanks for posting that message it changed my mind about my attending an outdoor gathering (BBQ) with a group from work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shipmate, sorry for your loss and grief. Thank you for sharing. I don’t know where this virus road is taking us but it’s leaving a hell of a trail in it’s wake.

Ray

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear about your lose. It's depressing how many people here are willing to strap a gun or two to themselves to protect their lives but refuse to wear a mask to protect themselves and others because "Mah FreEdOms!"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I hope you can quickly recover from the side effects. I wear a mask in hopes it allows me and others a couple of extra degrees of safety when I have to go out and about. Bless you.

·
Super Moderator
35,550 Posts
Thanks man for your story and my condolences on the loss of your friend. For kids it's not a big deal, but for we more "mature" individuals it is truly life or death. I want to share your story to my FB page, with your permission...no names or "handles" will be attached. Take care my friend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts