Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scored a free double barrel 12 guage that seems to be in decent condition, just needs a new stock and a good oiling.

It is made by Jing in china and imported by CAI Georgia VT.
model SPM 12.

Anybody know where I can find some stocks for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Don't know what your budget is but I would look at gunpartscorp.com and Brownells.com

·
Registered
32,010 Posts
Research to see what Doublebarrel Jing cloned. Al of the Chinese stuff is usually a clone someone originally built, they never do anything original other than firecrackers, ming vases and birdnest soup!

Once you find out that it was a clone copy of a Winchester or Browning or whatever and the model #, there are a lot of companies who sell shotgun stocks....just Google "Shotgun replacement stocks"

Reactions: kentuckycowboy2

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Or...you could make one, :D like my father did for this 100-year-old heirloom.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I looked it up and found one on gun broker. I looked at the pictures and it is similar to my Liberty (CZ arms now). The stock also looks similar though the one I saw had a recoil pad on it which mine doesn't have. The stock though looks like some of the stock kits out there might work also. It is pretty close for most of these mule eared SxS shotguns. Pictures of mine below.

libertyflrt.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg libertypg.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg libertybreech.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg libertyforend.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
Research to see what Doublebarrel Jing cloned. Al of the Chinese stuff is usually a clone someone originally built, they never do anything original other than firecrackers, ming vases and birdnest soup!

Once you find out that it was a clone copy of a Winchester or Browning or whatever and the model #, there are a lot of companies who sell shotgun stocks....just Google "Shotgun replacement stocks"
.........ditto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts