Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Since I have, in the past, bought a gun just to shoot ammo someone game me, I've got nothing to add.

·
17,581 Posts
Since I have, in the past, bought a gun just because I found a really cool holster, I've got nothing to add.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Since I have, in the past, bought a gun just to shoot ammo someone game me, I've got nothing to add.
Got you beat. I told my wife to pick up some 22 mag ammo and she came back with 17 Win super mag ammo. When I told her the problem, she said walmart doesn't return or exchange ammo so she guessed that meant I'd need to buy a new gun. I LOVE my wife (except for the Henry debacle).

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got you beat. I told my wife to pick up some 22 mag ammo and she came back with 17 Win super mag ammo. When I told her the problem, she said walmart doesn't return or exchange ammo so she guessed that meant I'd need to buy a new gun. I LOVE my wife (except for the Henry debacle).
Henry who? ;)

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Henry who? ;)
I have a Pietta SAA and wanted a long gun in the same caliber; 45 colt. So I started looking at the Rossi's and some of the older Marlins and Winchesters. My wife put her foot down and said that (and I quote) if you're getting a lever action, it's GOT to be a Henry. So after about a month of checking different places I found a barely used Big boy brass in 45 colt for a fantastic price and bought it. That was last year around this time. I finally got to shoot it only recently and now all of a sudden she's saying it's HER Henry. She hasn't even held this wonderful piece of american made machinery so I don't think she has a claim to it at all. I also informed her that if that's how it's gonna be, I'll get another Henry in 45-70 and made some disparaging comment like "I'd like to see you shoot that one with your degenerative disc disease" or something to that effect. We're not talking about lever guns right now.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I have a Pietta SAA and wanted a long gun in the same caliber; 45 colt. So I started looking at the Rossi's and some of the older Marlins and Winchesters. My wife put her foot down and said that (and I quote) if you're getting a lever action, it's GOT to be a Henry. So after about a month of checking different places I found a barely used Big boy brass in 45 colt for a fantastic price and bought it. That was last year around this time. I finally got to shoot it only recently and now all of a sudden she's saying it's HER Henry. She hasn't even held this wonderful piece of american made machinery so I don't think she has a claim to it at all. I also informed her that if that's how it's gonna be, I'll get another Henry in 45-70 and made some disparaging comment like "I'd like to see you shoot that one with your degenerative disc disease" or something to that effect. We're not talking about lever guns right now.
Get revenge!

Get a Uberti Henry.

The only thing the Henry of today have in common with the historical Company is the name. The Ubertis are at least using the same action. And the real Henry design is know for better accuracy since the mag tube is part of the barrel, therefore stiffening it and acting as a heat sink.

You just need to figure out the 'Henry Hop' and remember to ANGLE the gun when loading and never drop rounds in from the vertical. Dropping from the vertical worked with the rimfire originals but I don't suggest it for the centerfire repros.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
And you are supposed to b "Peacemakr"?. . . . Boo. Hiss!

·
Registered
444 Posts
It’s MY Henry!!!!! ;D:r_c:

Reactions: Peacemakr40

·
Registered
444 Posts
Reactions: Peacemakr40
1 - 12 of 12 Posts