Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good friend of mine who I have been shooting with for probably 20 years or more. Both our wives are friends and we probably have dinner with them three or four times a month. Their daughter recently graduated from the University of Florida in Gainesville with a biology degree.

Anyway, last week at the range while we were shooting the zipper on one of my canvas bags kick the bucket. I was pitching a fit about it and saying that I wish I could find a nice decent gun box for four or five guns to take to the range. Well he was making fun of me saying that the only reason I didn't have a nice box was because I was too cheap to buy one.

He came by the house this morning when he got out of the car he had a big amazon box in his hand and he handed me the box and said happy birthday. I told him he was early my birthday wasn't till next week. He reminded me that he wouldn't be here next week because he and his wife and daughter are going to Europe for 4 weeks as a combination family vacation / graduation celebration.

In that big brown Amazon box was the nicest gun box I've ever owned. It holds five handguns oh just about any size or manufacturer and it also holds 18 magazines. I'm including a picture of how I had it packed to go to the range this afternoon. The box is just like a pelican with a pressure release the extra strengthening ribs and two really solid oversized latches.

Don

Tool

Premium Member
Do you have something against blued guns? LOL! Nice box for sure.

Premium Member
I found it at Amazon if anyone else is interested in getting one. It's made by a Italian company named DORO going for $99.99- 5 Pistol 18 Magazine Doro Waterproof Heavy Duty Gun Case with Custom MyCaseBuilder Foam Insert
by MY CASE BUILDER

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Big Blue, I should have included that link but to be honest I never even thought about it. My bad...

Don

Super Moderator
Good old fashioned Walmart Plano customizable carry box. ?$20 a couple years back?

Currently packed with my SA XDm 10mm and P227 doublestack .45 ACP.

Attachments

Registered
Your friend did good, nice box.

Reactions: BangBang

Premium Member
Good old fashioned Walmart Plano customizable carry box. ?$20 a couple years back?

Currently packed with my SA XDm 10mm and P227 doublestack .45 ACP.
Real nice set up!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see you like 1911s. Me too..... ��
Yes, I really enjoy my 1911s. I have quite a collection of them in different calibers. I suppose it's obvious that I much prefer polish stainless to any other finish. I have them in 45 ACP, 9 mm, 22, 380, and 22 TCM.

I have 15 of them at this time and I'm always looking for others. If I see one that catches my eye I got to take it home with me. Funny thing about it, 2 years ago I had none, zero, nada. At that time some of the enablers on here got me hooked on my first one and then and I didn't know you could get it this way they gave me the 1911 disease by way of our forum here.

I don't mind what they did to me a bit. If anything I should be eternally grateful to them to show me how to collect something I really enjoyed shooting and also some 1911's that will definitely appreciate in value.

Don

Reactions: daytonaredeye

Super Moderator
^^^^^^^

You know; I think more of us collect guns than care to admit. I know I do. Yeah, I used to say that everything I buy is with a purpose to carry, hunt with,range shoot, shoot for fun, etc. but I see each purchase as value piece too. May bot be worth more than I paid for - sometime a little less than I paid - but it does have some residual value. And, no, I鈥檓 not collecting for retirement supplemental income. I鈥檓 retired, therefore, I have more time to study and buy guns. Some of my recent handgun purchases were not for reasons of carry but just to have an 鈥渙utlier鈥 caliber and gun. My dad is the same way. He has bought hundreds of guns over his lifetime and most for shooting. At one point he did realize that he had opportunity to obtain consecutive serial numbers - in guns bought decades apart - and did so for the potential long term collector鈥檚 value but that was never really his intent in the beginning.

Like Don, I do collect 1911s. Don鈥檛 know why but after I bought my first I felt I had to have another. Now I have at least one from most manufacturers, nearly all the available calibers and range in value (what I have in the gun) from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars and I e carried every one of them at one point or another. But I鈥檓 a Sig, Ruger, Glock, Smith, Raurus and Beretta fan too.

Registered
I like your box to,it's awesome and those 1911's too.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts