Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got it out of layway today. I am very happy with it. It was in the use section at Gander Mountian it looks like it was only shot a few times. It had not marks on it. Looked New. Saved me about 100 bucks over there normal price. I took it out back at my in-laws and fired 24 rounds through it. It fired great and was hit right were I was wanting it to. I am very happy with this gun and very happy with it. I was looking at the XDSC9 before I chose the PT111. I most say I am happy I save money an got the Taurus. The XD is a very nice gun but did not have that much money and the Taurus fell great for me.

This is a great site and it helped in my chose for the gun.

Tweeternpi
PT111 9mm PRO.

·
32,788 Posts
Hello there Tweets. Please remember to take the gun apart, clean, and lube sparingly before shooting. Does two things. Gets out all debris out the action and gets you familiarized with the insides with the new purchase. Guns are test fired at the factory before shipping. Then possibly lubed and shipped. Shipping can put a lot of dirt inside and outside the pistol. You'd be surprised what tiny things and the amount of dirt that can penetrate tight places. Kind of like pocket carrying a pistol. Lint and dust accumulate on and in the action even with a pocket holster. Happy to see you like the pistol. Give us a range report. Have a PT111 Mil/pro. Took some getting used to the trigger of a DAO after being used to shooting nothing but traditional DA/SA semi-autos. Please use standard pressure ammo to break it in. Winchester, Remington, or Federal make decent generic ammo for this. Actually use Silver Bear ammo for practice in mine. Even has a hollowpoint that deforms on contact with an object. Winchester, Federal, Remington, and Speer all make excellent defense ammo. So does Corbon in many different flavors. Enjoy. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the loder non=pro pt111......in fact,now that you got me all excited,I'm going to use it at IDPA tomarrow night instead of my Glock.....Congrats!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts