Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed the written, passed the range shooting. I go back on Monday to get fingerprinted, then I get to send my package off to Austin and wait 6-8 weeks. :D

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For new license, it's $140. I could have claimed indigent, and only paid $70.....isn't that crazy, claiming to not have any money, and having to pay $70 to carry a gun that was probably pawned off long ago for booze......it's a mad, mad world.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
congrats,my wife and I have been waiting for ours for 8 weeks.the waiting sucks.....still no update on the website.

·
Administrator
40,672 Posts
Congratulations! Hope rwcreigh's wait is not an indication of yours. But however short or long it is, will still seem long. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I am 4 weeks out of a possible 6 week wait for mine in KY. They say 3 to 6 weeks. I know they won't find anything in their check on me. I been checked by Secret Service twice, 5 major airports, and the FBI and never had any problems.

But waiting and going to the mailbox daily and finding nothing is a real pain in the caboose.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody, I feel like I'm part of a special fraternity with you guys now..... :)

My license is SA, not NSA - I can carry either revolver or semi-auto. I did my range test with my 24/7 Pro 45acp. I only had one outside of the 8 ring, I jerked the gun at 15 yards on the first shot - that was kinda embarrassing until I started looking at other targets afterward - there were some that had multiple hits outside of the silhouette......so I guess I am happy with that. They don't give you a score on either the written or the range test, just PASS or FAIL - so that some defense attorney or DA doesn't bring your score back up later, I imagine.......

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Yeah, they did the same thing here in KY, but they did tell me I missed 2 questions on one test, and got 100% on the other. Mulitple sheets of paper to try and hold on my knees, reading the questions on one sheet and writing the answers on the other, I put the wrong check mark on the answer sheet by switching the #'s. I hated that test due to no table to put both sheets side by side.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I passed mine, today, too. Got 100% on the written test, and 96/100 on the live fire. :) I'll be making an appointment with the Sheriff's dept on Tuesday for fingerprinting and background check. The instructor tells me the wait, in my county, is only about a week or so. :clap: :yipee:

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, Mikeo - they don't want us to know our scores but I could tell I did okay on the target.......

·
Registered
26 Posts
congrats!! Hope everyone get theres before its to late and join the NRA. Strength in numbers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gotta tell you CONGRATS Texas. I am always happy to hear of another person carrying LEGALLY. Helps balance out all those criminals with guns.

I hope your wait is a quick one and good luck when you get it. Good job!!!!

·
Administrator
40,672 Posts
Well heck, congratulations to all you guys who posted here and passed. And welcome to the brotherhood of concealed carry. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts