Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After selling my 627 4 357 to a friend out of stupidity I was at my local shop and they had a Taurus 970 stainless 6.5" model taken in on trade. After a quick lookover, I found the cylinder rotates out of the gun as smoothly as my S&Ws and the timing/lockup were perfect, so I gots me another plinker!

Unfortunately the previous owner pitched the box, but I was wondering if all of the safety keys work the same in all of their guns or if they're cut for each individual revolver. Not that I'd lock it up, but if I came across some at a gun show or something I'd probably pick them up.

I sold off my Buckmark and have been without a .22 for some time. Glad to have a Taurus and .22 again!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congratulations!
The key should work on all Taurus firearms. I have used the one that came with my old PT92 on my friends 24/7

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Keys are all the same. A security allen wrench (one with a hole in the middle) will work if it is the same size.

Congrats o your new gun, but you know....

:nopics:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keys are all the same. A security allen wrench (one with a hole in the middle) will work if it is the same size.

Congrats o your new gun, but you know....

:nopics:

Yeah I know, but in WI we have a 2 day "cool down" period, so I can't pick her up until Thursday. Pics will come soon!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
You are forgiven for now.

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, thanks. Hopefully it'll be ready on Thursday as they have a gunsmith check them over and give them a good cleaning before they hit the shelf. I told them I'd like to bring it home asap so hopefully the 'smith gets to it tomorrow..lol

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics of your new revolver.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Congrats on the new plinker!!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Congratulations. The 970's are great guns. The guy that usually wins the revolver division of my rimfire league shoots a 970. Really makes the S&W guys mad. I shoot my 990.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on the acquisition of your new 970. Mine sees quite a bit of range time anymore and is a very accurate and fun revolver. As much as I like the M94s (and I've owned a few) I like the 970 better yet.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrat's on the new plinker Sir, hopefully you have it in hand today..:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ugh. The dealer that has it said their 'smith was out all week and made it in today and got it quality checked and cleaned so I did the paperwork tonight. They're closed Sundays, so MONDAY I should have it. He didn't have an approval # yet from the state, but said come in Monday. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome back (to Taurus ownership)!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts