Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the TRUGLO universal long bead fiber optic sight on a PT 709 and 740. Instead of looking for a different shorter screw I used the stock one and held bottom part with a pliers then used a cutting pliers to take off the needed amount and she went strait on no probs just add some blue lock tight,

·
Registered
14 Posts
We did the same for my 709 front sight last night, just used JB weld instead of Loctite. I really like the Long bead on there, had an immediate improvement in my accuracy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did the same thing a few days ago. I just filed the screw down but it took quite a while. Used red locktite. Let's see who loses their screw first. LOL I haven't shot it yet but I can see the sight much easier now.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wanted to use the red lock tight but never can find any around at my LGS only the blue I heard the red takes the heat of the barrel better and holds a lot better.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Try the local auto parts store, easier to find red locktite there than just about anywhere else.

Reactions: Camo

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wanted to use the red lock tight but never can find any around at my LGS only the blue I heard the red takes the heat of the barrel better and holds a lot better.
I've had the red locktite in my household toolbox for years. I normally use tools from the toolbox on my truck and forgot about this being there. I happened to see it so I used that. With my luck, it's not good any longer. LOL

·
Registered
832 Posts
Cutting pliers might be the way to go I used my bench grinder and after waiting for Taurus to send replacement screws changed over to the Glock Tritium 215 sight. Seems I ground too much away.......

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing bad went to the range and the screw and mount held up but the fiber optic rod flew out after about 175 rounds down range.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You need to heat the rod at both ends just a little or use hot glue to hold it in

1 - 10 of 10 Posts