Attachments

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
No flinching here.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
The only time I flinch is when I sneeze while shooting.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Who needs a chronograph?
I just listen to when the hammer drops and when the round hits the target, figure in the speed of sound considering temperature and pressure, do some math in my head, and figure out the velocity. Isn't that how most people do it? :confused:

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I shot 15 rounds today from 3 rifles - new test loads for all.

50 degrees and overcast, a good day for it - got 15 readings - no errors.

Works for me.

*wish it was always the case

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Who needs a chronograph?
I just listen to when the hammer drops and when the round hits the target, figure in the speed of sound considering temperature and pressure, do some math in my head, and figure out the velocity. Isn't that how most people do it? :confused:
Math...in your head?! Nooooo!!!!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Who needs a chronograph?
image.jpg

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Who needs a chronograph?
Yeah, I do that, but....

I include the relativistic time space distortion caused by the rotation of the earth, the orbital velocity of the earth around the sun, the orbital velocity of the sun around the galaxy and the velocity of the galaxy in the universe. oh, and while the slide cycles, I include variances induced by space time expansion... just "for fun".

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Yeah, I do that, but....

I include the relativistic time space distortion caused by the rotation of the earth, the orbital velocity of the earth around the sun, the orbital velocity of the sun around the galaxy and the velocity of the galaxy in the universe. oh, and while the slide cycles, I include variances induced by space time expansion... just "for fun".
Gosh, John, if you knew anything about anything, you would know the rotation, orbital velocity, and even space time expansion are all irrelevant because of the reference frame according to special relativity ;)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
No Flinching....

no excuses.jpg

Reactions: Mrlucky353

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
You and my ex SIL have a lot in common, except that he flinches anyway. What a moron to actually buy a chronograph and try to use it. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts