Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Taurus 608 4 inch barrel ported. But the barrel the bullit comes out is only 3"... the frist inch of the barrel where its ported is larger dia. then the rest of the barrel.... Is this normal?? This is my first revolver with a ported barrel

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Not sure exactly where, but this was talked about in another thread. I will take a look for it after I post this, but you might be able to look thru subject here and find it too.

"There is actually 4 inces of rifleing in your revolver take a ruler or a tape measure and measure from the forcing cone to the tip and you will see that its about 5 inches, the last inch is your compensator.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=4554.0

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robby, I measured from the forcing cone to the end of barrel. I get 4 1/4"......
and the last Inch is ported and expanded with no rifling. So I guess I only have a 3" barrel with rilfing in it.

Is this normal, or sould I contact Taurus?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check this out..... I just got off the phone with Taurus and their reply is that it measures 4" from the forcing cone to the end of the barrel therefore its a 4" barrel period. It doesn't matter that the last inch doesn't have rilfings and that it is expanded.....

To them 4" is 4" case closed

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the last part of the barrel that is not rifled in called an expansion chamber? Expansion for gasses I think. Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts