Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

This one explains a bit more about the incident. It was a Glock 9mm, not a Sig, and it was a single shot not two. I’m still not sure how the geometry works, but the kid fired hitting Mom in the leg, and ‘fragments’ hit Dad in the head. There was a three month old in the room at the time who was unhurt, but both kids have been sent to stay with relatives for the duration.

Dad has been charged in the matter and turned himself in to police.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Super Moderator
38,628 Posts
Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
37,206 Posts

This one explains a bit more about the incident. It was a Glock 9mm, not a Sig, and it was a single shot not two. I’m still not sure how the geometry works, but the kid fired hitting Mom in the leg, and ‘fragments’ hit Dad in the head. There was a three month old in the room at the time who was unhurt, but both kids have been sent to stay with relatives for the duration.

OK makes perfect sense now!
Mom was shot and by a Glock and it was in her Leg/Foot!
OK lets move along now folks nothing unusual here!!---GriiiN.
Cartoon Font Poster Happy Fictional character

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts

At least they had the good sense to put the kids with relatives and not with some government agent--not that they should have taken the kids away in the first place...

Reactions: ChrisH

·
Registered
215 Posts

According to this article, a two year old not only managed to pick up a gun from his parent’s night stand, but managed to fire it without dropping it, and then fired it again. I just feel like there’s something missing from the backstory here, I don’t see a two year old having the arm strength to raise a gun, and hold it firm enough to fire it. The whole family will be okay- no life threatening injuries, per the article- but you know this will be used to push the gun control arguments.
My great-grandson at 2 was bigger than his 4 yr old sister.

·
Registered
19 Posts

According to this article, a two year old not only managed to pick up a gun from his parent’s night stand, but managed to fire it without dropping it, and then fired it again. I just feel like there’s something missing from the backstory here, I don’t see a two year old having the arm strength to raise a gun, and hold it firm enough to fire it. The whole family will be okay- no life threatening injuries, per the article- but you know this will be used to push the gun control arguments.
Just damn lucky it wasn't one of those guns that can shoot 5000 bullets per second... The kid could have killed the whole neighborhood.:eek::eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts

I don't know that there is anything the law can do, to impress on this man, the folly of his gun safety ways more effectively, than having his wife shot and himself injured. This could have been a deadly incident. (think femoral artery) No doubt this will be on his mind forever.

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Just damn lucky it wasn't one of those guns that can shoot 5000 bullets per second... The kid could have killed the whole neighborhood.:eek::eek:
yea you R talking about one of dem AR-47's like i see on the news!

·
Registered
9,208 Posts

·
Registered
Taurus 605 Protector Poly and a few other brands
45 Posts

The dangers of lightweight pistols I suppose. Some shooters are well under a pound loaded so.…..

21 - 33 of 33 Posts