Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really needing a couple pair of western boots and in every store I looked all of the boots were made in CHINA! Exasperated I am, all of the major brand name boots that use to be made in Texas or even Mexico that I could find are now made in CHINA. The quality of these imported boots is crap! I'm wondering if anybody here at the forum knows who makes high quality western style work and casual boots that are made right here in the USA and where to buy them?

1.1 USA.gif

Reactions: RevolverFan

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justin Boots has a large selection of Made in USA boots....both casual and workwear.

Handcrafted In USA Boots
Thanks, but they just don't seem to have what I'm looking for. I don't like the squared off toe or the needle points. Tony Lama use to make the boots that I like: a heavy cowhide leather boot with 16"-18" uppers, pull holes, cowboy heel, spur ledge, medium round toe and leather soles. Similar only lighter cowhide leather for casual. Reckon I'm picky but aren't we all....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
You have to be picky since it is something you wear.
I finally found a place after many tries that could order the right boots for me. So while I could I ordered 5 more pairs. I found that sometimes they can change a style without changing the picture on the web page.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
29,899 Posts
With the exception of work boots, it's getting harder and harder to find qualilty American leather footwear.

Even Gucci and Prada two expensive ($400 up) line of Italian women's shoes/sandals fall into this category.

Most are not made in Italy, but Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka
:shocked:; while their "Italy" labels are made in China.:icon_ poke:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
There are still a few boot makers down here in Texas, I believe the gentleman over by the Ft. Worth Stockyard is still in business. But, it is big $ to be fitted and have custom boots make now days.

I have moved to wearing Dr Martins in my old age. I do have a couple pair of lace up Ropers showing their age that I still love the feel of, I just can't find a good replacement in a cowboy boot.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts

·
Registered
31,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Try Allen's Boots down here in Austin Cowboy Boots and Western Wear Sounds like you're looking for a "J" toe, rounded for comfort but still slips in a stirrup.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My two favorites.........but Nocona's aren't what they used to be.

Lucchese Boot Co. - Official Site
Nocona Boots
Tkx Glenwolde but the closest western wear store to me that Carry's Nocona Boots seems to stock their line from CHINA or INDIA only and got a little pissy with me when I asked to see only their boots made in the USA. I have to ask myself WTF do the Chinese know about making a cowboy boot? That is a American/Mexican heritage not south east Asia! They need to stick to making flip flops and tennis shoes and leave the western boot to the people that know how and put pride in their work.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Super Moderator
26,964 Posts
Don't laugh but my boss ordered a new "Old Glory" for the hotel...made in China!
Name of the company had American in it!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I just did a quick ebay search for ACME cowboy boots. What size are you.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Don't laugh but my boss ordered a new "Old Glory" for the hotel...made in China!
Name of the company had American in it!
Tell your boss that when the chinese flag wears out next month, buy or order a flag from your VFW post. it will be American made, and of the highest quality.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I'm really needing a couple pair of western boots and in every store I looked all of the boots were made in CHINA! Exasperated I am, all of the major brand name boots that use to be made in Texas or even Mexico that I could find are now made in CHINA. The quality of these imported boots is crap! I'm wondering if anybody here at the forum knows who makes high quality western style work and casual boots that are made right here in the USA and where to buy them?

View attachment 28185

Rios of Mercedes still makes a decent boot, they also make Olathe and Anderson Bean. Please stay away from Twisted X or Ariat, both made overseas, as are many of the factory El Paso boots. If you have the bucks and time, go to a good, established custom bootmaker. Ebay also is a good deal for vintage boots, a lot of boots from the Urban Cowboy days were stored in the closet afterwards.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I just did a quick ebay search for ACME cowboy boots. What size are you.
Nope, ACME, Dan Post, Dingo, Laredo, Tony Lama, Panhandle Slim and a large part of Nocona & Red Wing are now all imported from SE Asia or India and their quality is now crap! What used to be quality leather is now "man made materials". Double H & WESCO are still made in the USA but don't offer the type of boot I'm looking for. I'm going to be putting these boots on my feet and I'm looking for style and quality of the old Tony Lama's they will be replacing, that I bought in 1986. (they were proclaimed dead and cannot be revived again).

1.1 USA.gif

1 - 20 of 35 Posts