Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have just screwed myself this morning.....mag wise.
I traded for a like new PT38S with one mag after I searched for a couple hrs. and found a factory mag, and ordered it.
I received an email from the mag vendor (after I traded guns) saying they were out of stock. Site shows 'In Stock'. :mad:

Now I have very nice pistol with only one mag and no prospects on finding another mag.
Hopefully someone reading this can point me in the right direction to find one.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I've bought about 4 over the past year checking eBay daily. Paid about $30 each. I've also seen just as many sell for close to $100 on there. Gotta be quick on the decent priced ones and not get carried away on the crazy priced ones. Good luck.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've bought about 4 over the past year checking eBay daily. Paid about $30 each. I've also seen just as many sell for close to $100 on there. Gotta be quick on the decent priced ones and not get carried away on the crazy priced ones. Good luck.
Would you consider selling one of yours? I'd gladly pay more than you paid.

Reactions: Magnum_Gauge

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Hard to find and I don't think I could let one go. But I will keep an eye out for you and should I decide to let one go I will let you know.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hard to find and I don't think I could let one go. But I will keep an eye out for you and should I decide to let one go I will let you know.
It was worth a try.
Please PM if you run up on one.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
​Its a great gun and I was disappointed that Taurus discontinued the gun. I wish they would do a run of the mags once and a while.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Guns are introduced to sell, and make a profit. If they don't move, they are discontinued. Owners of the .38 Super guns are lucky, Taurus is made in a country that limits caliber choices, but where the .38 Super is allowed. Rather than think that the gun is discontinued, it is actually no longer imported. IF the .38 Super becomes more popular, look for the gun to enjoy a return. Until, that is, a polymer framed version becomes available.

That is also one reason why magazines would still be listed, as they are probably imported in batches from Brazil.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
88keys, I'll ck there Monday.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
​Its a great gun and I was disappointed that Taurus discontinued the gun. I wish they would do a run of the mags once and a while.
I concur.

I have taken another step with the 38S and bought a slide, barrel and recoil unit in .45 acp. At least I can now have more than one mag. :)
Bought it off Gunbroker for less than $150 shipped. Now I two guns in one on the cheap.

A BIG thanks to Magnum_Gauge for the suggestion and links to the units.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Guns are introduced to sell, and make a profit. If they don't move, they are discontinued. Owners of the .38 Super guns are lucky, Taurus is made in a country that limits caliber choices, but where the .38 Super is allowed. Rather than think that the gun is discontinued, it is actually no longer imported. IF the .38 Super becomes more popular, look for the gun to enjoy a return. Until, that is, a polymer framed version becomes available.

That is also one reason why magazines would still be listed, as they are probably imported in batches from Brazil.
That's it exactly what's happening.
I called Taurus (1 hour on hold) and the lady said they are expecting a shipment, but because of security reasons, she can't say when.
Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't import these mags as lots of people want and need them, like me.............

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I received the stainless slide this morning from Reno, NV.
Swapped the 38S with the .45. It fits like a glove, as expected.
I was never a fan of two tone guns, but this is an exception. Looks really nice, IMO.
Now to buy some mags and ammo. ;D

Pics of it together later today hopefully.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts