Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a phone call from the guy at my favorite gun shop. A customer brought in a stainless EAA Tanfoglio witness in 9 mm and he has to sell it quickly. Apparently he has to pay a bill that must be paid by the weekend and he needs the money from the gun to pay it.

I have two Tanfoglio handguns in the safe still in the Box unopened and and unfired but I don't remember what I paid for them, what model they are, or even when I bought them.

I need to know what the gun is worth. I can buy it with 5 extra magazines making 6 magazines totals for $350 but I have to move quickly.. Yes or no, is that a good price. I'm inclosing a picture of the gun…

Don

20191010_100150.jpg

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Not sure what the msrp is but it's definitely worth that.

Reactions: BangBang

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I wouldn't pass up any 9mm with 6 magazines for $350 jump on it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
You have an excuse to buy a great new gun with the fringe benefit of helping someone out in the process.

Your heart already knows the answer, I trust that you'll do the right thing.

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
I'd empty out the quarter jar to get it...

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I appreciate the quick responses from all of you. I called back to the shop, gave him a card number, and bought the gun. I won't be down too Tampa 'til next week sometime so I will actually pick it up then.

Don't know much about the gun yet except that it is a Witness Steel and it appears to be in very good condition. It may be an older gun because EAA imports their guns into Rockledge, Florida and this gun shows it imported by EAA into Hialeah, Florida. I don't know how long they have been in Rockledge.

Anyway, after I pick it up when I get around to taking it to the range I will post a report....

Don

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
sometimes screamin deals just fall in your lap. You have to take advantage of them or the universe will see you're too stupid to accept gifts of gratitude and will remove them from your life. I think you did really well and expect a range report after a thorough breakdown, inspection and cleaning.

·
22,716 Posts
That plus six magazines? You done good.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I would have have bought that quick...................;)

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now why would je call you and need to sell it quickly ???? Sounds fishy to me !

Nothing fishy about it! The gun shop owner received a gun this morning to sell on consignment. The gun owner had to raise money quickly and was willing to sell the gun to get the money. The gun shop owner knows me, knows I am always looking for guns, and called me to give me first shot at a good deal.

Not complicated, just showing loyalty for loyalty received.

Don

1 - 20 of 32 Posts