Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working way to much for the last couple of years. Most of the time off I have had is spent remodeling my house or another house in Orlando. Unfortunately I have only been to the range a handful of times in the last couple of years as a result. Called it a night around 9 PM last night instead of my usual 11 PM. Got home and cleaned one of my carry guns that I have not cleaned in about a month. Used to clean it weekly.

Any way got poking around the gun safe and realized I have several guns I have not shot since I acquired them. Do I need to turn in my man card? I remember a time when I would get a new to me gun and shoot it within a few days if not the day I got it. Heck I don't even think I mentioned them here, mainly because I have no pictures or range report.

A while back my FFL called me about clearing out an estate, I picked up a Rossi M98 6" barrel - In my opinion a very rare find. Came with two sets of grips. Still never shot it. :(
He also had a Taurus Poly 605 at a price too good to pass on so I picked it up as well. Also never shot by me. :(
Built an AR-10 in .308. Never shot it. :(
Built an AR-15 with a 14.5" barrel and welded flash hider. Never shot it. :(
Bought a TX-22 recently. Still have not shot it. :(
The Judge I won in Rapid City a few years ago, still in the factory box. Never shot it. :(
Gave my Taurus Curve to a family member that really liked it. Picked up a well priced replacement for it. Never shot it. :(
Noticed the Brand new Taurus View in the back of the safe. Never been shot. Okay, never really had any intentions on shooting it, picked it up as a novelty hoping some day it would go up in price. :confused:

Okay, decided I should stop looking because I might find something else I picked up and never shot plus now I'm getting depressed.

On vacation next week, planned on working on the house half the week as well as the house in Orlando half the week. Also need to do my taxes that have become very complicated since I started doing several self employed side jobs, and possibly squeezing in a fishing trip one evening. With the start of day light savings time perhaps I could sneak a range trip in one afternoon as well. Those .50 caliber's have been screaming my name every time I walk past the ammo sitting on the shelf. At this point I wonder if I can even hit the target or not. :D

Now that I have declared I have guns I never shot fess up. Who else has bought guns and not shot them yet?

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
You better get out and shoot dem dar gunz-n-boolits. You don't want your Key island to get too heavy where you live and tip over now, do ya?

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Me, too, fish! I have a Beretta Tomcat (previously owned) that I purchased in PA right before we left to move to SD over a year and a half ago that I still haven't shot! :(

Hope you have a good vacation week - try to take some time to enjoy life - it passes all of us by way too fast!

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Been working way to much for the last couple of years. Most of the time off I have had is spent remodeling my house or another house in Orlando. Unfortunately I have only been to the range a handful of times in the last couple of years as a result. Called it a night around 9 PM last night instead of my usual 11 PM. Got home and cleaned one of my carry guns that I have not cleaned in about a month. Used to clean it weekly.

Any way got poking around the gun safe and realized I have several guns I have not shot since I acquired them. Do I need to turn in my man card? I remember a time when I would get a new to me gun and shoot it within a few days if not the day I got it. Heck I don't even think I mentioned them here, mainly because I have no pictures or range report.

A while back my FFL called me about clearing out an estate, I picked up a Rossi M98 6" barrel - In my opinion a very rare find. Came with two sets of grips. Still never shot it. :(
He also had a Taurus Poly 605 at a price too good to pass on so I picked it up as well. Also never shot by me. :(
Built an AR-10 in .308. Never shot it. :(
Built an AR-15 with a 14.5" barrel and welded flash hider. Never shot it. :(
Bought a TX-22 recently. Still have not shot it. :(
The Judge I won in Rapid City a few years ago, still in the factory box. Never shot it. :(
Gave my Taurus Curve to a family member that really liked it. Picked up a well priced replacement for it. Never shot it. :(
Noticed the Brand new Taurus View in the back of the safe. Never been shot. Okay, never really had any intentions on shooting it, picked it up as a novelty hoping some day it would go up in price. :confused:

Okay, decided I should stop looking because I might find something else I picked up and never shot plus now I'm getting depressed.

On vacation next week, planned on working on the house half the week as well as the house in Orlando half the week. Also need to do my taxes that have become very complicated since I started doing several self employed side jobs, and possibly squeezing in a fishing trip one evening. With the start of day light savings time perhaps I could sneak a range trip in one afternoon as well. Those .50 caliber's have been screaming my name every time I walk past the ammo sitting on the shelf. At this point I wonder if I can even hit the target or not. :D

Now that I have declared I have guns I never shot fess up. Who else has bought guns and not shot them yet?
I purchased an SKS more than 20 years ago and have never shot it. I believe all my pistols have been shot.

I just returned from a two week vacation in Fla. It was fantastic. I was wondering where someone from Fla. spent his vacation, but it sounds like you're staying in Fla. I guess when you live it good, there's no reason to leave!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Man, that's gotta be painful. I can't remember every buying a gun and not shooting it for an extended period. There have been times when it's been a week or a little more between purchase and shooting. But I begin to break out in cold sweats and chills alternately. My palms itch. I get dizzy and can't sleep. Strong is the force in me.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
I'm not gonna' say...:unsure:...I've already been yelled at enough in the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I only have 3 or 5 unfired guns.
2 are milsurplus still covered in cosmoline.
1 is a 54 caliber muzzle loader.
And 2 are incomplete guns I can't afford to buy the missing parts for.

·
Registered
36,032 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
36,032 Posts
Man, that's gotta be painful. I can't remember every buying a gun and not shooting it for an extended period. There have been times when it's been a week or a little more between purchase and shooting. But I begin to break out in cold sweats and chills alternately. My palms itch. I get dizzy and can't sleep. Strong is the force in me.
Yea!
man I may need to go over to "Knitters Are Us.com" and get a MAN REFILL!
I am very disappointed in several people here to be honest!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Fish, TAKE A BREAK!

You don't want to end up like me do ya? I spent the last 10years of my working life working at a 3rd shift job that I hated. At my age and health issues I was stuck there as no one else would give me the time of day in the job market. They all wanted young studs with more electrical control schooling than I had, and one's they thought would stick around. No one sticks around one job anymore. Also that job had me working 9.5 hour days and Six days every other week. I didn't realize how much I missed out on until I was forced to retire. Then our last grandson was born and it really hit home how much I missed.

Have a pot of coffee, sit at the bench and roll some Boolits!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have one or two that I have only shot a couple times; usually because I don't like how they shoot, or the ammo is too expensive.
But I don't have ANY guns that I have never shot.

·
Supporting Moderator
14,838 Posts
I can't believe we are on page two and all y'all have guns you've never shot. I can't figure out whether you are bragging or complaining. So I'm just going to leave this here.

:nopics:

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Well I certainly don't have the un-shot guns problem. I guess I just don't have enough guns. So ok you can never have too many guns but you know what I mean!

Don't forget you have this AWESOME guy ;) that lives not too far north of you that just loves to pull the trigger on all kinds of guns! Plus he even has a little of his own .500 magnum cartridges on hand. :)

Get that AR10 out and run some rounds through it! I think you will like it. I haven't been able to put a lot of rounds through mine yet but sure did enjoy it with the few rounds I shot.

PS: TAKE A BREAK!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I have guns I bought back in early 80's that are unfired NIB, some even have zip ties around the hammer so hammer can't be cocked thus rotating the cylinder and causing wear. Then I have guns that are less than 2 years old and have put 24,000 rds. through them.

·
32,481 Posts
Got a few Berettas to take out and baptize. My Taurus G2C (NEW) got it's baptism as did the TH9. My other used G2C is good to go and the G2S got a work out Sunday.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Hey Paul, I understand what you say Bud and I know where you're coming from. Don't feel bad. If I add together the long guns and the handguns that I have purchased and never fired I am probably looking at 50 plus firearms.

You know what? It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I have enough other guns then I can shoot a different one every day for months and not run out of things to do. Maybe that's the difference being a collector. You don't need to shooot them it's enough just to have them.

Don

·
Registered
583 Posts
Some like to work, it makes them feel right. Have to take some time off sometimes just to rewind and review what you have done.
Have a little fun and do some non-work things!

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Dayum. Are all you guys buying decorations or buying guns? We see these news stories every now and then of some guy who died intestate and when they start going through the house they find hundreds of never opened boxes with unfired guns - both handguns and long arms. And pallets of 10s of thousands of rounds of ammo. And the media are just flabbergasted over who in the world would have all these guns (especially unopened gun boxes 'seal intact') in their house and they're not FFL holders.

I have a couple of unfired guns but only b/c I might have bought them within the last couple of months.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
1 - 20 of 32 Posts