Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trigger broke. I've had the gun 10 years and put over 1,000 rounds through it.

Does anyone have one to sell?

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
RTK has aftermarket triggers for the 738. I assume you already know that, though.

EDIT:
Reading my comment, I realize it sounds condescending and I apologize. I just assumed that, like myself, TCP owners were aware of the RTK trigger option. Here's a link. On the left side of the page is another link to the assembly/installation instructions...

http://rtktriggers.com/

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
If it was me, I'd buy a replacement, a Ruger LCP II. Only reason I don't buy one now is that my TCP ain't broke.

Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: chefduane

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
Trigger broke. I've had the gun 10 years and put over 1,000 rounds through it.

Does anyone have one to sell?
Like another poster, I don't have one to sell, but just another question. Have you checked with Taurus? These haven't been out of production all that long and they may still have parts. I just put in an order for a PT138Pro slide cap and they still have those. It's possible they still have TCP parts.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doctordeere, No offence taken. I read just like you intended. I have looked at them and that may be an option.

If Taurus will not send a FEDEX label then it will be less to buy the RTK than mail it to Miami.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Like another poster, I don't have one to sell, but just another question. Have you checked with Taurus? These haven't been out of production all that long and they may still have parts. I just put in an order for a PT138Pro slide cap and they still have those. It's possible they still have TCP parts.

It is not listed on their site as for sale. I will have to call tomorrow and see if i can buy one directly from Taurus.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
I believe Taurus will be hesitant to sell a trigger due to the complexity of trigger replacement on the TCP. Look at the RTK instructions... the pistol has to come farther apart than the average Joe should be trusted to do. I could do it. You probably could do it. Lots of TA members could do it. But the average Taurus owner? Yeah, if I were Taurus, I wouldn't sell a TCP trigger to just anyone who wants one.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Yup, I've already got it totally apart ready for the new trigger.
I know you meant to say that the certified gun smith, Loud Viking, has disassembled your pistol and said it needs a new trigger. If you totally disassembled it and Taurus knows (like reading this post), it voids your warrantee.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Dang. I sure didn’t see that coming...

There doesn’t seem to be much consistency with what replacement parts Taurus will and will not provide.

Good for you! Get that little booger back in business.

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
Who would have ever believed it? I called Taurus and they are sending me a new trigger. No trip back to the mothership. WooHoo
Congrats!

I've ordered a couple things from Taurus for "discontinued" pistols before, and they have always been prompt and courteous. I do wonder, however, how long parts will be available for some models...

·
Administrator
40,361 Posts
Looks like the OP has what he needs on the way. Thread closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.