Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand last week. Full recovery may take nine months or more. I'm not gonna wait anywhere near that long to start shooting again, and I figure a shooting glove with some padding in the palm will be a lot of help. Any recommendations?

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand last week. Full recovery may take nine months or more. I'm not gonna wait anywhere near that long to start shooting again, and I figure a shooting glove with some padding in the palm will be a lot of help. Any recommendations?
A golf glove might work or MX gloves. MX gloves are available with various degrees of padding and you can often get last year's styles cheap in closeout sales. They're better quality than mechanic's gloves and if you get them on sale, usually a couple shoeboxes full of money cheaper.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
PAST makes them.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
Driver or motorcycle gloves at Walmart - relatively inexpensive. Fast Rope Police gloves have some extra material in palm area but can get expensive.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts

PERFECT TIME-- to practice weak hand shooting if you ask me.
course I ain't a big Michael Jackson fan !!!

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I use fingerless sailing gloves. They're light, flexible and have a padded palm. You probably have a West Marine close to you. You can also get them from Amazon. West Marine is always more expensive than any place else. Here's an example: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Forest...03&sr=8-10&keywords=fingerless+sailing+gloves Regular shooting gloves are usually the "tactical" kind, and for me are a tad too stiff.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I agree with other hand. I should practice the same this week :)

Your doctor might agree also. Although the AMA doesn't like guns anyway...do they.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I shoot with batting gloves
Hey, that's a good idea! There's a Dick's just a few miles down the highway.

Oh, wait......uh.......

Never mind. I'll shop somewhere else.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Weight lifting gloves with the wrist wrap is my recommendation. Usually have open fingers so no worry about snagging on the trigger or guard, padded palms, and the wrist wrap for extra support.

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I have Blackhawk shooting gloves, but they are to protect my manicure.

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have Blackhawk shooting gloves, but they are to protect my manicure.
One may assume, then, that you wear steel-toed boots exclusively, so as to protect your meticulously applied pedicure? :wink:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had a cheap pair of gel filled bicycle gloves that worked great. I cant find them now nor a replacement as good as they were.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
One may assume, then, that you wear steel-toed boots exclusively, so as to protect your meticulously applied pedicure? :wink:
Thanks for the idea, I'm Googling Wolverine right now! ;););)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts