Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Tied one up today at a LGS....was looking for a knock around gun...this one has been there for a few weeks..without a price on it..when I asked to see it ..I surprised looks almost new...we haggled for awhile and came together on a price .so i put her in layaway (I'm Broke)

I should get her out in a week or so....the gun is tight and stiff...but seems well made.. alot like a older Taurus Model 80 ,I owned in the past...

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
hmmm never heard of them before, looks nice though :)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think this 3 inch barreled 38 Sp. will make a fine knock around gun ...loaded with 148gr. LWC..should make a good SD side arm also

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks like a S&W knock-off, and there ain't nothing wrong with that! Good score. Range review when you get it please!;)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep ..I will ...sorta excited bout this little gun...at that same Pawnshop bout 6 years ago I purchased a similar revolver a old Rossi with a 3 inch barrel..this gun seems tighter and has a unbelievable high gloss bluing....I'm afraid to say its unfired ..but it seems to be....I've got a cure for that..

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
So anyone know anything about INA? I'm guessing that's the Brazilian gubbment owned weapons maker, they forge slides for the springfield 1911s...

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The more I look at the picture the more the gun looks like my dads S&W 36-1

Even though this is not the INA I'm getting (mine is in better shape)

I carried the ole 36-1 this afternoon ..light and went unnoticed in my Bull Dog holster....

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The gun seems to be nice ..and a good quality ...better than Rossi's of that era..and equal if not better than than Taurus of that era ...by appearances that is I can you more after I put a couple hundred down the pipe...

·
Administrator
18,195 Posts
Very Nice Classic .38 Special! :cool: Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I never knock the knock-offs. Years ago when my Colt Model 70/IV was new, a friend bought a Star .45 and we had a really hard time telling the difference in either finish or quality. Hope yours is the same!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts