Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
It's raining this week and for some reason I have a strong desire to purchase a rain gauge like my dad and granddads. Is it just something that happens at a certain age?

I'm going to resist as long as I can. LOL
Not sure about 'age', but you could be turning into your father. ...... There is no known cure at this time.

·
8,324 Posts
Yep pretty soon, the chest high pants and a love for sweats will begin. Welcome to the Geezer club.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Oh my good friend got one of those wealth stations. He owns a tree service. He used his bucket truck to put it above a big queen palm tree behind his house. He strapped a pole to the palm and its 15 above the 35 foot palm tree.

·
Super Moderator
13,765 Posts
We don't bother with rain gauges (aka, "dust bowls") in New Mexico.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Get a weather rock. Does lots of things. If wet, it has rained, snow on it and it has snowed, hail on it been hailing. Cold it is cold outside, hot it is hot outside, sun is shining on it you know it is sunny. Full moon shining on it you have a full moon. If it is on a hill and under water you have a flood. Does lots of different task. No batteries required. The Nigerian Prince runs a special, just send money often, he may send you a rock.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Get a weather rock. Does lots of things. If wet, it has rained, snow on it and it has snowed, hail on it been hailing. Cold it is cold outside, hot it is hot outside, sun is shining on it you know it is sunny. Full moon shining on it you have a full moon. If it is on a hill and under water you have a flood. Does lots of different task. No batteries required. The Nigerian Prince runs a special, just send money often, he may send you a rock.
I have one of those! It is super accurate, doesn't use batteries.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
750 Posts
Dang. I am on my 2nd rain gauge in 4 yrs after the first one sprung a leak. Oh, wait, I'll be 69 next month so I guess I am right on schedule! ;)

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
I stopped sayin "I must be gettin old" when I turned 80

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
:dunno:...I dunno' if I'm gettin' old or not...:unsure:...never been old before so I really don't know what to watch for.

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
I think it might be your hormone levels... Otter has had a rain gauge for years.

·
Registered
18,474 Posts
They say hearing goes first as you age.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I haven't lost my hearing, I've just gotten better at ignoring people.

Reactions: lwb92af
1 - 20 of 34 Posts