Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fox News Reporting:

Customer shoots, kills robber outside Atlanta shop while waiting to buy LeBron James sneakers

Police say an armed man trying to rob customers outside an Atlanta shoe store was fatally shot by one of the patrons waiting in line to buy sneakers.
WSB-TV reports the shooting happened Saturday morning in the city's Little Five Points neighborhood, where people lined up outside Wish Clothing to buy new $180 sneakers endorsed by Miami Heat star LeBron James (why anyone in their right mind would spend $180 on basketball sneakers is beyond me):confused:.
Witnesses told police a man armed with a gun tried to rob people standing outside the store. But one of the customers drew his own handgun and shot the robber. Police say the suspect ran just a few yards before he fell dead.
Atlanta police officer John Chafee says the shooter won't be charged because investigators determined he fired in self-defense

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
Heard this on the news this morning.

Reporter said after the man shot the thug he got back in line.
Well, he had to wait for the police anyway, might as well maintain his place in line at the same time. I wonder which came first, the shoes or the police?

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Another case of STUPID dealt with

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That will teach the thug...Never rob a person stupid enough to pay that kind of money for tennis shoes.. Obama will be given them away soon for more votes and backers..

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Do not mess with people in GA esp if they have been waiting in the heat , in line for any length of time ! We get grumpy in this humidity !

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Georgia's a fine state, and there are some good gun folks there. Unfortunately, Georgia is also one of the few states that won't recognize concealed carry reciprocity with my state. :(

I'll be going there in a couple of weeks, so I checked it out.

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Heard this on the news this morning.

Reporter said after the man shot the thug he got back in line.

Like everything else in life it's LOCATION, LOCATION AND LOCATION! And prioritizing your time:D

And, we Jawja folk are quite happy with our firearms and legislative controls - would love to clear the final huddle for Constitutional Carry and a few other places lifting of bans would occur but can live with what we got for a while.

And, kkellman, if you haven't yet joined GeorgiaCarry.org, give them a looksee

Reactions: kkellman2004

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wonder though, if it had been a white guy shooting a black guy, would this have exploded into another Zimmerman/Martin media circus?

Reactions: darbo and rogertc1

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Rossi,

The recognition problem is on your end. Georgia is a "recognize any that recognize ours" state. Write to your state Attorney General and see why they aren't recognizing Georgia Weapons Carry Licenses. Your profile doesn't show where you are from, so I don't have any more specific advice.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rossi,

The recognition problem is on your end. Georgia is a "recognize any that recognize ours" state. Write to your state Attorney General and see why they aren't recognizing Georgia Weapons Carry Licenses. Your profile doesn't show where you are from, so I don't have any more specific advice.
Yupp. If I was guessing, I'd prolly say SC.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
This is another reason why bad guys don't like conceal carry. They can no longer pray on people at random. LOL! I wish they will put this on all the news outlets like they do when innocent people are shot by bad guys.

There is another good thing to come out of this situation, NO one will cut in line in front of him! :D

·
Super Moderator
20,082 Posts
Rossi,

I would say that is generally true. A few exceptions - like Vermont; they recognize and reciprocate GWL but Georgia doesn't honor theirs . . . .

And, SC is the black hole of the SEC. I can freely carry (and have on many occasions) into Fla, Ala, Miss, Louisiana, Tennessee, No Carolina and Virginia. Not to say I haven't carried on occasion if in SC for a short meeting or just passing through. I do believe its the lack of a formal classroom requirement which keeps Ga from being honored in SC and all the other red states (as opposed to green states on reciprocity maps - not red states as in Republican).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rossi,

Wisconsin recognizes Georgia but Georgia doesn't recognize Wisconsin.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
My state is Nebraska. Checked on USACArry map. and it says that neither Nebraska or Georgia recognize each other's permit. Bassace is right about Wisconsin, though, according to the map.

Unfortunately, the three lovely states I'll be visiting in the South - Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina - are the only three states in the South that won't recognize my permit :(.

Can I pick 'em, or what :). We'll have a good time, anyway.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts