Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'What is that, man?' Navy confirms videos of flying objects
news 13 hours ago The Associated Press — By BEN FINLEY - Associated Press

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — In one of the videos, a small object streaks across the sky before the U.S. Navy fighter jet's tracking system locks on and follows it.
"Whoa. Got it," the pilot yells, laughing as the dot moves on his screen. "Woohoo!"
Another pilot asks: "Wow. What is that, man?"
The Navy isn't offering an explanation — at least not publicly — for exactly what that object was. But the service is confirming the authenticity of that video and two others taken from its planes in 2004 and 2015.
The release of the videos, which have been circulating online and in news reports, was not authorized, Navy officials said. But the footage has prompted the Navy to publicly discuss an ongoing investigation into sightings by its pilots of what it describes as "unidentified aerial phenomena" or UAPs in U.S. airspace on both coasts.
"We are not going to try to characterize anything that may have been seen out there," Navy Spokesman Joseph Gradisher said. "But the number of sightings has increased since about 2014 when the advent of new technologies such as drones and quadcopters have come into being."
Meanwhile, lawmakers are calling for more information on the so-called UAPs, saying some of their movements seem to challenge the laws of physics.
"Based on pilot accounts, encounters with these UAPs often involved complex flight patterns and advanced maneuvering, which demand extreme advances in quantum mechanics, nuclear science, electromagnetics and thermodynamics," North Carolina Congressman Mark Walker wrote in a letter to Navy Secretary Richard Spencer in July.
"If the accounts are true, the unidentified crafts could pose a serious security risk to our military personnel and defense apparatus," wrote Walker, a Republican on the U.S. House's Homeland Security Committee. "They could also represent a tremendous opportunity for advancements in science in technology that can contribute to the public good."
The Navy is updating its guidelines to encourage pilots to more thoroughly report what they see, Gradisher said. And Navy investigators have been traveling to bases such as Naval Air Station Oceana in Virginia Beach, Virginia, where squadrons of F/A-18 Super Hornets are based, to talk to aviators.
"We need reports and data and things we can analyze, and that's where our aviators come into play," Gradisher said. "We need them to participate. In years past they didn't necessarily do that because there was a stigma to reporting on something being unidentified."
Gradisher said the issue, ultimately, is the safety and security of the Navy's operations.
"Our aviators train as they fight," he said. "And we don't like the idea of someone or something observing how we train."

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
All through history it's been the PIRATES to get somewhere first.

No doubt someone else is out there. The big question is still how they are
covering vast distances if the speed of light is truly as fast as you can travel.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: kruizer

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The light of Venus reflecting off of swamp gas hit a weather balloon. Look at the blinky thing and tell me what you see.

Attachments

·
22,290 Posts
""Based on pilot accounts, encounters with these UAPs often involved complex flight patterns and advanced maneuvering, which demand extreme advances in quantum mechanics, nuclear science, electromagnetics and thermodynamics," North Carolina Congressman Mark Walker wrote in a letter to Navy Secretary Richard Spencer in July."

Umm, congressman, even if those maneuvers were really conducted by physical objects of significant mass, neither quantum mechanics, nuclear science, or electromagnetics will change in the slightest. Maybe thermodynamics, but the real shocker is good old Newtonian understandings of momentum. And yes, on very small mass scales, Newtonian mechanics has been eclipsed by quantum mechanics, but when an aircraft attempts a maneuver that rips its wings off, Newton is the one saying "I told you so."

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Interesting stuff. Other governments/countries have had similar UFO encounters as well, and while the overwhelming majority can be explained by something far more mundane than aliens, some are quite shocking and do seem to prove an advancement in technology superior to ours. If it was another government, or even our own, you would think the cat would have gotten out of the bag by now. And if it is aliens, well, let's just hope they continue making minor nuisances of themselves from time to time in the sky, because if they ever land and pull a take me to your leader, I don't think our society could survive such a thing. Our cultural, economic, religious, political, and numerous other differences and beliefs of numerous countries and groups would tear the world apart under such a revelation.

Reactions: kruizer and cassrh

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Heck, every night I see lots of things moving around in the sky that I can't identify. As far as I'm concerned, they're all UFO's.

Question, however, in your title, you mention they are "here". Could you please be more specific? Do you mean earth or do you mean in your hometown, or do you mean in one of your body cavities? This is serious business and we need to know.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Some people believe in one thing and some people believe in another but I believe I'll have another....

·
Registered
18,783 Posts
I don't care if they're here, as long as they don't bring their stuff to me an' e'spec me to work on it...:unsure:...'specially if they're gonna' drive it like that.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Seeing a UFO? haa, try dealing with them in person .
UFO
CONTACT AT PASCAGOULA On the night of
October 11, 1973
This was not talked about much in our little town at the time as no one want to be called crazy red neck or be made fun of.
Many people saw the craft or "light" as it moved off down why 90 That night.

Man says 1973 UFO ‘abduction’ incident turned life upside down
https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain...n-incident-turned-life-upside-down-8C11377316
At the Jackson County Sheriff's Department, deputies initially suspected both men were drunk. Then-Capt. Glenn Ryder, who still works for the sheriff's office, said he laughed at the report, but met with the men. Parker and Hickson stuck to their story. After the formal interview, deputies left Hickson and Parker together in a room with a hidden tape recorder, hoping to catch them in a lie. "Me and the other investigator got up and left to let them talk, to see if they were going to say, 'Well, we got them fooled,' but they didn't," Ryder said. "They were really concerned." On the tape, Hickson tells Parker, "It scared me to death too, son. You can't get over it in a lifetime. Jesus Christ have mercy." "I don't know what happened to them," Ryder said. "I wasn't there with them, but I know you don't fake fear, and they were fearful. They were fearful."
I knew glenn ryder. I knew Charles Hickson. His son Curt was my best friend at the time. That ended as the family became infamous as fear and uncertainty hung thick for over a year in our little town. I knew the Pascagoula policeman who saw it moving down hwy 90 to the east. I knew Larry who owned the Chevron gas station that watched it move east down hwy 90 as he closed up for the night. When i say "saw it" they got a good close look and knew it was something "other" odd. I know others who would not talk about what they was that night. Everybody on the outside though it was a joke or were skeptical except anyone who knew these people that saw it. These were god fearing country folk who don't lie and would fight if you called them one. Shoot, people who knew them when punch you in the nose for calling them names. I talked with them all and the people in my community. It was not funny and we were all concerned as this was no joke. It happened.

·
Registered
24,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck, every night I see lots of things moving around in the sky that I can't identify. As far as I'm concerned, they're all UFO's.

Question, however, in your title, you mention they are "here". Could you please be more specific? Do you mean earth or do you mean in your hometown, or do you mean in one of your body cavities? This is serious business and we need to know.
They are everywhere, everywhere.

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Whatever it was, a F-18 fire control system locked on to it, so maybe that UFO isn't really as advanced after all.

What do you call a supersonic stealth drone in the vicinity of an aircraft carrier? A UFO.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Of course if it is aliens and we can get their technology, it would open a whole new realm in home defense weaponry.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Whatever it was, a F-18 fire control system locked on to it, so maybe that UFO isn't really as advanced after all.

What do you call a supersonic stealth drone in the vicinity of an aircraft carrier? A UFO.
I don't know nothin' about military technology nor rules of engagement, but my curiosity raises two questions. 1). Does the F-18's fire control system allow itself to lock on to a target without first identifying it as friend or foe? 2). Does a pilot in an F-18 flying in U.S. airspace have authorization to lock on to a target, or does he have to go up the chain of command (and if so, how high)?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

A target cleared to be engaged .

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
I don't know nothin' about military technology nor rules of engagement, but my curiosity raises two questions. 1). Does the F-18's fire control system allow itself to lock on to a target without first identifying it as friend or foe? 2). Does a pilot in an F-18 flying in U.S. airspace have authorization to lock on to a target, or does he have to go up the chain of command (and if so, how high)?

Did it sound like he asked for permission?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts