Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it must be true. "everyone" on the interweb complains about the poor quality and general POS-nes of Taurus in general and the 700 series specifically, according to them, mine continues to fail. Here a partial list of failures;

1) It fails to fall apart. - after 1200+ rounds of .40's everything works as it should and nothing has fallen off or broke.
2) The design fails. - It still feels really good in my hand and has a natural point of aim for me.
3) It fails to meet expectations. - the posted expectations are for the gun to jamb,fall apart, fail to feed, eject, etc. It has miserably failed to do any of those things. Every single time I depress the trigger, it goes bang!
4) It fails to hit low and left. - Most often it hits the center of the target. (unless I jerk the trigger back;))
5) It fails to be shown up by "higher class guns". - shooting some low power reloads a buddy made, my XDm failed to cycle them, but the 740 chugged through them like a high school jock at the keg.

Last and certainly worst....
6) it totally fails to disappoint me. - Every single time I touch it, it brings a smile to my face.

I suppose it's possible that maybe I'm a failure too? After all, I failed to listen to the "group wisdom" pontificated by Glockites and other top dollar weapon owners on how bad Taurus products are. Heck, I'm such a failure that I recently picked up a Taurus 454 and I find it to be an excellent weapon. Hmmm, maybe I need to head for the re-education camp? :D

Anyone else have "failures" like these?

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I feel your pain. LOL

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Yes, it's terrible!
Mine has consistently failed to fail.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
It appears you are having the same "failure to fail" issues I have with both of my PT1911s and my PT709. I can't hardly stand it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too am "disappointed"!!! Hahahaha! I love my 740SS. This is my 3rd Taurus, have not had issue 1 with any of them. I AM disappointed I sold 2 of them years ago, but now I have the 740 and just bought the Poly605 for my wife, which she loves also. Very creative post!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dang! Yet annother failure to deal with!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
You forgot to mention that it fails to break the bank so there is some extra cash available to actually shoot it! :D
OK, you've reminded my of yet another failure - however this is a failure of the ammo manufacturers to get enough fodder to feed these things!

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, you've reminded my of yet another failure - however this is a failure of the ammo manufacturers to get enough fodder to feed these things!
Thankfully, I've been stocking the larder for the past four years. Sadly, while the larder has a fair bit, i'm hesitant to shoot any ' cuz it cant be replaced!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered 1000 rounds from Delta Ammunition on Dec. 29, 2012, they are arriving tomorrow! I can't wait until this ridiculous shortage is over, can't even get any 22LR for my buckmark without being gouged :(

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
When mine failed to fail after the 3,000 round mark, what use was there to keep counting?:icon_ lala:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts