Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=289156973
years ago I started a search for a good Weapon to carry and shoot. I chose a Taurus brand because of price and word of month. I also can't beat a lifetime warranty. After a couple of months of shopping; I decided to get a MILLENNIUM PRO™ 145. I found the best price at Academy Sports (Wally World with handguns). 325, i think it was plus tax and background check. I saved up and when i went in to buy it they were sold out. The older guy who worked there and knew guns, said for 40 bucks more i could get the 24/7. it was the same size and style to the 145 but had more features and came with a 12 shot mag. I bought it. While i was waiting on the background check my 9 year old sees the 917c in the back of the case. At the time I only had money for one gun and 45 ACP was the caliber I felt would best serve my needs, But still I looked at it and held it in my hands. I liked it but said I would wait. 8 months go by and I did the research and found it to be a good option. I couldn't decide on the 917c or the PT92. then the weirdest thing I to the Academy to buy ammo and the kid tells me that they only had 1 917c in stock!. They look it up and the model was discontinued! For the past year I kept looking and the few site that carried them started to show sold out. I saved up and decided that I could buy a new PT92 any time but the 917c is getting harder to find and when I did find it was over used or over priced. when found this auction it was one of only 2 I could find for sale on Google.
Well I got it! It is shipped and should be here in time for a Friday night cleaning and Saturday morning test firing.
:) wish I had bought it in 2010 would have saved 200.00 but I am glad it is on the way now. I hate being told I can't buy something I want when I work hard for it. I am glad I don't live in a state were it is illegal to own a high capacity clip. Like a bad guy will be less dangerous with 15 rounds then 20. Sorry not talking political here. :D

I need a 9mm cleaning kit - I think I will buy a Hoppe
I have been looking for a Taurus gun cleaning mat and range bag, any one know where to find them?
I need a holster for CC, If you carry a 917c please give me an idea. I think I will get an IWB. I want real leather

Last thing guns are like tattoos, once you get 1 you start panning on the next. Anyone else feel that way?
I have no tats yet but I have 1 gun now about to have 2 and I can think of at least 3 more i want to add to my safe.

Please look at the link and tell me what you think also any suggestion are welcome. Pictures to come later.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Very nice win there sir, welcome to the '900 Club'.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
CONGRATS!! My 917 is 'nearly' my all time favorite. ;)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congrats. I love gunbroker, but the wait can be excruciating. I saw a Taurus range bag a while back. I can't remember for sure, but I think it was on
Sportsman's Guide - Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at The Sportsman's Guide
or
Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
BTW, I am waiting on a 24/7 9mm I won on gunbroker too, so I feel your pain. This one is in OD Green.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a pt-917c too, I have been looking for night sights. Can you tell me what kind of night sights(brand model) is on your PT-917c?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry but it was added by the seller he just listed it has glo sites so i don't know the brand. i would think any site that fits pt -92 should work.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sorry but it was added by the seller he just listed it has glo sites so i don't know the brand. i would think any site that fits pt -92 should work.
The front sight on the PT-92 is fixed/milled from the slide where as the PT-917 has a dovetail. The rear might be the same as PT-92. I am very interested to find out what sight is on your new PT-917. So far no one has been able to figure what night sight will work on the PT-917. Can you post some information and photos once you receive your PT-917. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
The front sight on the PT-92 is fixed/milled from the slide where as the PT-917 has a dovetail. The rear might be the same as PT-92. I am very interested to find out what sight is on your new PT-917. So far no one has been able to figure what night sight will work on the PT-917. Can you post some information and photos once you receive your PT-917. Much appreciated!
The rear sight on the PT-58/92/100/917 are the same. The front sight is the same for all except the 917, as well as the PT-99/101, and while those 2 models share the adjustable rear sight, it is not compatible with the models 92 or 100. I have not been able to find the fiber optic sight shown in some photos of the 917, nor found any other replacement. I haven't had time to push mine out and measure it, but I got a bargain price on a set of Beretta Brigadier sights, but they are way too small. I hope that helps. The search continues.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I haven't had time to push mine out and measure it, but I got a bargain price on a set of Beretta Brigadier sights, but they are way too small. The search continues.
Well, that's disappointing. I had heard those particular sights might be a possibility.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Congratulations. Great gun!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts