Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local gun shop when a guy traded a PT145 3 Gen. on a Taurus 9mm. It had about 50 rounds put through it. Gun, case, 2 Mags, Mag. loader, original warranty card and a box of (20) Federal HP ammo. All for $260.00, I couldn't pass that deal up. It's serial is NAT601##. When was this gun made?

TD

·
32,737 Posts
You can go to the www.taurususa.com website. Click on the tab at the side of the page,entitled "Customer Care".

A new set of tabs will appear. One of these tabs, 'Find My Model" comes up. Click on that,enter the serial number and the data should come up.

If not then call Taurus Customer Service at 1-800-327-3776 and tell them what you need. The representative cn help you from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried it and No matches for your serial number were found comes up. I still have to mail my warranty card maybe that has something to do with it.

·
32,737 Posts
Nope, Warranty card has nothing to do with it. Many have never sent in the card and Taurus fixes the gun anyway or has it on record.

Call Customer Service as stated above and let them know courteously what you need. They'll do the rest.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
Welcome from Nashville, call CS and be nice and they will return the favor.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did the dude say why he traded it in? How does it shoot? Mine is a NAV249XX and does not show up on the Taurus serial number search either. I would worry about it. If it has the Heinie dovetailed sights it is a third gen (i.e. a good one). You just need to shoot 100-200 rounds through it and report back.

I wonder if the recoil was too much for the previous owner. It takes a firm grip and good two handed technique, but is very manageable. The sharp checkering was a bit rough on my hands after a 150 round session. I knocked down the checkering a bit where my shooting hand ring finger tip contactes the grip and a little off the back strap. That helped alot. I later fit a Hogue Handall Jr slip on grip that makes it very comfy.

It sounds like you got a good deal. Was the dealer an intermediary or was this a private sale?

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
I just called Taurus and they said the serial # search was not working yet but did give me all the info I needed as to when my gun was made and what to do about some bad mags I got. we will see what happens they were vary polite and helpfull.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guy that traded it said he was setup to reload for 9MM and not 45ACP. The dealer already had it in his book and ran the paper work on me. I feel a little safer that way.
I still have to get to the range and put her through the paces. I called Taurus and left a message this morning for a birth date on my PT145. They called later in the day saying it was the most latest version and its birthday is 10/15/07. I'm amazed they got back to me so soon on such a trivial matter.

TD

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
ToneDeath, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

You found an awesome deal. Nice going. :thumb:

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mine is NAR0**** it does not show up either. They had trouble looking it up when I called them for parts too. It is one of the newest so I would assume anything after NAR such as NAS or NAT would be even newer in production.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome from PA

I'll bet he traded because of AMMO $$$$$. That's the reason I bought a XD-9 Tactical, because shooting the XD-45 was getting to be just to danged expensive . . . LOL Because I shoot a lot. It's about half the price to shoot a box of 9mm compared to a .45acp anymore.

I can't imagine it being form recoil, heck my 14 year old daughter shoots my XD-45.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts