Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I use it and love it. Works great on the stuck metal zippers of my jackets too. Don't forget the hair dryer to heat the metal up.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Great! I've been meaning to pick some of that up myself.
Looking forward to a review when you get the chance.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I bought some and plan to dedicate a couple or three pistols to just the FrogLube to see how it goes. I'm a mite hesitant to go with it across the board and forsaking normal lube & CLP methods. According to instructions you can't use any other lubricant as FL will remove it. This stuff almost sounds too good to be true. I've got both the liquid and paste. If it doesn't work, guess I can use it as a mint spread with leg of lamb. LOL

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I use it and love it. Works great on the stuck metal zippers of my jackets too. Don't forget the hair dryer to heat the metal up.
According to the FL blurbs, it should works just as well on the plastic zippers. I used it on a Chinese multi-Tool that was supposedly SS, that had rusted at some pivot points and had become difficult to open to get some of the implements out to use. FL surely loosened it up considerably compared to before.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I have just finished fully treating my S&W SD9VE and in process of doing same to PT111MilPro SS G1. I think I will also do my PT24/7CA .40. I will keep a diary on them and keep my fingers crossed their (FrogLube) spiel isn't pure BS. Thinking about starting a thread in Smithing to chronicle.

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
I say, I say; boy are ya listening; I say I don't remember the last time I had to lube a frog , but I have tied down a few pumpkins in my day!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I freakin love frog lube. I've used it on pocket knives, multi-tools, and all of my guns.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lmao nvm I recorded myself explaining how to do it and just ranted for 14 minutes while doing so lol. So I'm not going to upload that. However it's pretty self explanatory. Use it the same way you would use any other lube except this is a paste and I like to use the cleaning "solvent" that comes in a spray bottle. I heat up my gun with a heater. Spray it down with the solvent and wipe it down / detail the gun. Then I heat it up again and lube it. Once you lube it I heat up the gun again without wiping the excess Frog Lube CLP and let it penetrate. Then you can wipe the excess off and put it together after you first clean or two the gun should feel super slick and smooth. It will smell great as well :). As a side tip. I put a dab of the Frog Lube right over the metal trigger arm on the inside of the frame and when I heat the frame it seeps down in between the trigger arm and the frame and Viola ! A super slick, nice and smooth trigger pull. :) I think I'm going to patent that idea lol ! Jk but good luck guys. It is definitely some good stuff and worth the 20 bucks I spent

BonnyTheBull

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far it's been WONdERFUL! After about 600 - 700 rounds through my 709 with frog lube, many searches and dings... No rust and smooth and clean functionality.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Repackaged Food Service Industry grease and oil IMO.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I tried it on a few handguns, however, have not shot them since treating. The liquid can be used for treating the inside of the barrel. Smells good. I found a can of G96 Gun Treatment in the back of the closet recently. Haven't used it in a while...G96 smells good too.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I have used it for about six months and can't say enough good about it! I still have a few guns I haven't switched to, only because I have about $100 worth of Hoppe's and other petrolium based cleaners I want to use up.

Here in Arizona there is no need for the hair dryer - I just put the parts out in the sun for a while. I'm not going to list all the benefits, go to their website...EVERYTHING the product claims has been 100 percent true with my guns. Once I have used up my other products, this will be the only one I use. (still love the smell of Hoppe's in the morning though)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I recently picked up the plastic tube, with the paste, liquid, microfiber cloth, and brush. Worked over my 709 and 809. I am a convert, love the stuff!

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
I've got five of my pistols converted to FL, two of which are headed to the range today with three others that are still done the conventional way. This evenings clean up will determine whether the three remain conventional are get converted. Like VTB_Gunner I've got a lot invested in the standard stuff kits and spares that need to be consumed, but have been quite impressed with the FL - have the liquid and paste.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts