Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=634&category=Pistol

So the reason for the fullsized 24/7 in .45 not having the ribber grips is to reduce grip circumference or something to that extent then WHY does the compact have it???

So if the full sized 24/7 .45 don't get the ribber treatment REAL soon then I guess all I can do is to continue to beat my head against the wall (which Taurus USA makes me do from time to time)

EDIT: And check this out http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=630&category=Pistol

Looks nice but note lack of ribber grips. AND IT'S A .40!!!!

(HiVelSword is finding it difficult to put on a straight jacket by himself)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
You probably won't see either of those for a long while if I had to bet on it.

Remember the PT809 has been on the website for over a year now and it's still not available.

*footnote---the caption on that duo-tone 24/7 says that the PT1911 in duo-tone was such a hit. (The PT1911 duo-tone is not even out yet!!!!)

My summary---pay no attention to the Taurus website. The honchos at Taurus need to wake up and put some real time and effort into their site.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Yeah, Web site = 0, Phone calls +1. The information from some of the recent phone calls is much more accurate than the web site. You can find just about any combo you want to look up on the site, but whether the photo, or the description is accurate it up for grabs. My JUDGE with a 6.5" barrel, description says it is only 9.5 inches long total, but the gun is over 13"s

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I just don't understand the decision makers @Taurus (24/7 Pro C in .45 is he

Yeah, I know the 809 was in their "What's new" section (along with The Judge 3") for 3.2 million years but I never saw it under their "large framed autos" section. Now it's there.

Oh, and nice catch on the 24/7 duo tone comment. I missed that!

I should just remove the Taurus USA link off my favorites so I don't go there again even by accident.

Everytime I go on it I feel like smacking myself with a ballpeen hammer.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Man I was going to buy a 145 Sat. Now I am wondering if I should wait and get the 45 24/7c. But then again who knows when it will start showing up.

·
Administrator
35,758 Posts
I have a Mil Pro PT145, but.....I want one !! Well, I can wait....but I love the ribber grips, wish they put it on the regular 24/7. I put some Pachmayr slip-on grips on my Mil Pro and my 24/7 and me likes - but I would probably like the ribber grips better.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't understand why they dont put ribber grips on all of them. More love them than not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
DS= the gun has a decocker along with a safety.
It's a nice feature but I treat my 24/7 Pro C like a 1911 or a Browning HP and since I'm so used to carrying condition one, it doesn't bother me to not have the DS. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
the taurus website is full of errors...stuff that's not really available, and has been posted for over a year...bogus specifications...etc. there's no question this is true of the pistol sections. i haven't checked the revolvers, but i'm willing to bet the same scenario exists there as well.

point is, none of this is a secret. if i can easily find 20 things wrong with their website, then i can only assume the mgmt of taurus is aware of these things. real question is....

...why do you think they're not concerned with posting a website with accurate information?...

i've visited many, many firearm mfg sites...distributor sites as well...naturally, some are better than others, but taurus is clearly one of the worst regarding accuracy.

·
Administrator
35,758 Posts
I don't see it that way at all. Taurus may have some information that needs updating, but it's obvious that they do update their site fairly consistently - I do wish they would get around to the current year's catalog a bit quicker, but I can get that from somebody in this forum. Point is, they don't sell firearms from their site, and thus don't have a desperate need to go out and make stringent modifications to it every day. I think you may be nit-picking a little, in my opinion.

BTW - the same thing could be said for Smith and Wesson's webpage, as well as Ruger, Winchester, Springfield, and a number of others. Taurus can't help it if they don't make a bunch of pistols that all look alike, you know....GLOCKY BLOCKy..... :D

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Well I wish I agreed about web sites. But, they are the front door to a company. They show the product list to prospective clients, maybe even dealers. I know I looked there before I bought every gun I have bought in last year. Some I bought off the web from dealers without ever having my hand on the gun before I got it from a dealer. Some I bought out of a gun shops counter, after handling them. However, I had seen the product first online, read reports, spec's, and etc, prior to purchase.

I did not realize how far out of date some sites are until after my first purchase. I build some small web sites myself, and know maintaining can be a pain. But would you put signs on your front door that did not show your best information about your business.
I do love my Tauri, / Rossi guns, and with a very few problems that were fixed easily I am a lucky gun owner.

·
Registered
230 Posts
ya'll are missing the bigger issue:

apparently the new 24/7 Pro C 45ACP is getting a DECOCKER.

Might this signal a coming decocker for the whole line? Would be nice. Maybe sorta mesh the 24/7 Pro with the 24/7 OSS model, only difference being the OSS has the long slide?

·
Registered
40 Posts
your post:
ya'll are missing the bigger issue...

i too have developed web sites....and if you want it done right, it's all about the details. but OK, i'll let it go....

i ordered mags from taurus today (3/31/08), and CSR helping me quoted "summer" shipping dates for both 800 series and OSS series pistols.

points to note regarding the decocker on the 24/7 .45c....

i like the idea, but if it isn't currently shipping...don't hold your breath.
the decoker is on the 800 series and the OSS...i should have asked the guy which year's summer he was referring to...

last week i purchased 24/7 .45 stainless slide pistol. Had a LS 9mm which i sold (should have kept it, it was a great gun) and replaced with a 9mm M&P (another great gun). had a 24/7 .40 and traded it in because the mags didn't fit flush enough with the bottom of the mag well (really bothered me...what can i say?). still, i love the 24/7 guns and i couldn't live without one.

today i ordered mags/pouch/holster for the new .45...plan to use the new .45 in IDPA matches (esp or cdp). assessment of the new gun so far:

mag release is far superior on the non-ribber grips used by the .45 guns. i believe the material coating on the ribber grips may be causing friction with the mag release button on those guns. i like the ribber design, but the mag releases were definitely a problem on the .40 and the 9mm i previously owned. the .45 has the "plastic" vs "rubber" feel, and the mags fit much better, and they release like the ones on the 1911---they fall straight to the ground.

the new 24/7 .40 duotone looks like it has the .45 grips...and i want one---if they ever actually materialize.

·
32,808 Posts
The reports from the NRA and S.H.O.T. shows are just hitting the press and distribution stage. Especially since the NRA convention has been very recently.

All the gun companies are "releasing" info and introducuing the new makes and models, the specs, all about the same time.
Point is that real world distribution for everyone is just getting underway. That means production,shipping, and distribution are getting started.

Taurus is in Brazil for most of the manufacturing. Have to ship by plane,train,ship or whatever. All this has to be planned for and finalized. This includes all the new models, how many, where to go with them, pricing,are parts and services available for these. This being in Brazil and all the localities overseas that they sell and service things at.

This is not a stateside company doing this, though some limited manufacturing is done in the States. Therefor things are going to take a while to get everything listed accomplished. This takes time,energy, and a lot of planning and implementing.

Trying to second guess what Taurus is going to,when it will happen, do, or meet what expectations we have on them is patently rediculous.
When they are ready to move, they will.

All the companies are going through this. It's easier to be stateside and get things done then it is from overseas. Taurus is huge and covers more territories and share of the market than we're willing to give them credit for.

Trying to sell and stay within the rules and regulations of all the varied goverments and municipalities is difficult at best.

Taurus has so many designs,makes,models out there for all these varies markets and has to play by the countless rules variations and oddities of such. everywhere at that.

So if they are slow on some things, have limited manufacturing capacity, and are doing what they can from abroad, then give them some slack.

Things will be out.

There are cases stateside of manufacturers who were going to bring out certain models,waited a year or more,three or more for that matter, and got on with things.

So this is a wait and see for now.

People are impatient and want things now. The real world and business does not work that way.

So while there is room for improvement in certain areas we are the foreigners here. Not Taurus.

We are not privy to inside goings on because of the way the company is organized. That and for other reasons. Heck, we're not privy to other gun company's goings on as much as we would like to believe.

It's a new gun season. The starting lineup has been chosen. Switching of members in the lineup is a management decision and will happen. We're not management.

Pulling a player,trading the players out, or changing the rotation is up to them.

Let them do it at their pace, though the pace may not be ours. When they are ready the team will take to the field.

Not knowing some things is frustrating and maddening,granted. Have to deal with it though in a mature manner.

Let them do things at their pace. They are not U.S. citizens. Brazilians and humans with all the foibles that go with it, they be and have different ways of doing things than we do. Let them do what they need to do.

It would be easier in some ways if operations and manufacturing were done more here. Why they don't do that is puzzling. They have their reasons. It would be nice if Taurus was more forthcoming and open with us. This is true.

What, when, and if they will is up to them.

It would make things more user friendly all the way around for everyone. Granted. We will wait and see.

This is not a apologistic approach. Just airing all the variables and things that have to be considered.

If you don't like their approach,let them know by letter or phone call.

We also vote with our wallets and purses.

There are things you can do if you so desire. Do them.

One last thing. Most of the gun web sites have disclaimers that things change without prior notice. This includes makes,models, prices,specs, and other data we take for granted. Don't take it for granted. These are changing all the time without notice.

Why rely on a source that may very well not be right?

Research by catalog, book, brochure,and actual handling of the firearm to be bought needs to be done.

Buying other things sight unseen over the internet is fraught with peril or with possible misinformation.

While society may buy many things over the internet sight unseen, this does not make it the best way to do things.

On some items sight unseen can be done without much chance of jeapordy or with little trouble.

Items such as gun,cars,property,etc., are all a chancy a best. Might be there are reputable dealers and individuals to do this with. Fine and good

There are also those too many cases to count,still going on I might add, where the owner to be gets burned.

Web sites are a guides not written is stone. Don't forget that,

·
22,058 Posts
We don't call hin da professor for nothing.

Well said Qwiks.

I have seen new models in magazines and web sites months before they are available.
I believe it to be a marketing ploy to gage response. If the response is great, more resources are given to initial production. It is frustrating when you see a new design that you like and have to wait. But life goes on and the sun still rises the next day.
I am shooting the 24/7 in competition because Smith is dragging their feet on the M&P pro.
I will still buy the gun when it hits the shelf but it will have to perform pretty good to get me to stop shooting the 24/7 in competition.

·
Registered
40 Posts
jeez...i'm way out of my element with that manifesto....

i do agree with the wallet vote concept. i do just that...which is why i have only one taurus now, instead of the three i used to have.

but that can change...OSS, 840...

do it right, and do it before the asteroid gets here....and i'll probably jump in with both feet.

·
32,808 Posts
Never said I liked waiting. ;) :eek: :mad: ;D

I do have a OSS model on order.

The coincedence and timing of the release of new models does happen at the same time the NRA convention is going on is just too much to ignore.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts