Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
35,714 Posts
I have the 336 but I want the 45-70 badly. Congrats, and give us a range report when you can.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm still waiting to own a lever gun...high on my list. Nice pair there! Congrats!!

Reactions: ifithitu

·
Super Moderator
38,015 Posts
I love those lever guns! Congratulations on the acquisitions...couple of thumpers there!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
What a great pair.

I'm a retro kind of guy. I love lever action rifles and revolvers although I've never owned a single action.

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
I agree! You just can't beat a .30-30, and a lever action pair up....match made in Heaven..........
:smile:....poor man's machine gun.

·
9,094 Posts
Very nice lever's, I bet that 45-70 will be soooo much fun.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Now you've done it! Now you'll have to add a Marlin 39, 1894, a 57M.

Avoid the 56's

Maloy
But then there are variations of each and in some cases variations of the variations. I bet if you said I'm going to collect Marlin rifles made since 1970 and have one of all the variations you would be near 100 rifles. Just off the top of my head for the 336 their would be the A, C, Octagon, Cowboy, Youth model, and Texan. Heck a person could just collect 336's in .30-30 and have a lot of rifles.

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
Gotta love a levergun!

·
Registered
985 Posts
John Moses Browning's first prototype of a gas operated machine gun was a lever action.

I hope they serve you well.

·
Super Moderator
35,538 Posts
Nice. Never been a big fan of lever guns, but those are two nice ones.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Congratulations on getting the new Marlins! I'm the owner of a 336 30-30 and it is my
go to woods and brush gun when I am hunting deer. My rifle was manufactured in 1983
but it is still in good shape. That 45-70 looks nice and I've been thinking about getting
one for a while now. Give us a range report for your new long guns whenever you can.

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Congrats on your new lever guns.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts