Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cleaning my Taurus 66 when the stupid broze brussh broke off in a cylinder and extended to the barrel. Tried to get it out , but only succeded in bending the yoke. She's in intensive care at my smith's right now.

WHY MY FAVORITE GUN, GOD? :bang:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I did something similar a while back but mine was on a bolt action rifle. Was stupid and got the brush stuck in the bore and didn't have enough handle clearance (by the pistol grip area, bolt was out) to try and pull it out with. Ended up taking my dremel and cutting the cleaning rod (cheap aluminum one) and them pushing the whole thing out the far end with a steel rod (much smaller than the barrel. Learned my lesson that day. And had to buy a new cleaning rod too.

By the way, when I clean my revolvers I have the cylinder open so I can't have an oops.

But this type of stuff can happen which is why it is nice to have more than one gun for carry or defense. Don't forget to have a decent holster for your back-up carry gun.

Steelheart

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decent backups, I have. It's the living in one of the two states in the US that DON'T allow concealed carry that truely sucks. :'(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank goodness my Smith fixed it. After 19 years with only one problem (Loose crane screw), she's as good as the day I bought her. And it is the revolver I fire the most accurate that I own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts