Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising a local gun market forum and came across a Taurus stainless 22mag revolver with a 12+ inch barrel. The photo caused me enough reason to pause and say Mmmmmm, I need that. After all I don't have one and never have. This would in the past been enough reason to grab the phone and run across town to make a purchase. Only this sell is located so close the temp gauge on the car or truck would have never moved. So I told myself to give me the night to think things through.

I stood fast and strong. I have not nor do I plan on making the purchase. I have been on the wagon now for almost two months, aren't you proud of me now? I will say however that my hands are sweaty and my knees are weak. That pistol even comes with 150 rounds of ammo. No Jon, you can do it!!! Hold tight!!!!

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
Not to be an enabler, how often do you see one of those come along? I guess in the UK it is probably a standard model. Do you have a link so we can all :drool: over it.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
617 Posts
Your a better man than I.

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to be an enabler, how often do you see one of those come along? I guess in the UK it is probably a standard model. Do you have a link so we can all :drool: over it.
But, what if I get weak and one of you buy it out from under me....LOL!! I am Strong, well at least standing firm, maybe a little wavering setting in.

Here ya go,

: Taurus 22 mag : Revolvers

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Buy it you fool!The scarcity alone makes it permissible.Ok fine you weak kneed flower child go buy it and I will send you the money and my FFL.Fair enough?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Yeah, I wonder if he will ship?

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
It says it comes with a holster.... I would love to see a picture of that.

Around here the ammunition is worth ten or twelve dollars a box and the holster has to be worth at least twenty five bucks so your really paying less than three hundred for the gun.

Go ahead and buy iy, you know you want to!

Don

P/S.... if you take it in the woods and fall and break your leg you can always use it for a splint!

Don

·
Registered
14,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From all the support I am receiving here to refrain from making this purchase. I can honestly say two things are certain.

1. You are all still a bunch of enablers.

2. I would stand by your side and support you as you walk into battle.....after all your all very well armed. Wanting me to be prepared as we go.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Get it! I dare you!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Keep waiting Jon....someone else will scarf it up before you do. I mean, after all, a Marlin model 60 with a strap is about as easy to carry!

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
From all the support I am receiving here to refrain from making this purchase....
I wouldn't get it.

In Econ 101, I think we called it "diminishing marginal utility". In other words, the thrill of buying your first (or only) gun is great. The thrill of buying your second gun might be great, too, but not as big a thrill as the first one. The third gun not as big a thrill as the second one...the fourth not as big as the third...

Considering how many guns you already have, buying that .22 mag probably won't be that big of a thrill at all...unless you lost all your guns in a boating accident like everyone else. Then you might want to get it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I tried the link and its now blank. Did someone fall of the wagon?

I have the Model 66 (357) version. Prior owner included a holster that even encloses the scope...it goes from your hip to near your knee!

·
Registered
28,087 Posts
Yep, listing removed.
Either Jon got it, or he missed.
Now if somebody else on TA shows up with that gun...

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Jon is silent...is it the guilt or is he cleaning, fluffing and buffing all the while chortling at his bench in a gun induced euphoria?

·
Registered
360 Posts
You know he caved! I would have! If he waited and lost it to someone else he will be in mourning for a while...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts