Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the latest generation P-145 in stainless and as soon as I get my profit sharing bonus, I will most likely add one to the list of sub-compact carry guns... then the only hole left to fill on that list will be the PF9... if they ever get a hard chrome model on the shelves! ::)

Walther P22
Kel-Tec P32
Kel-Tec P3AT
Kel-Tec PF9
Kel-Tec P11
Kel-Tec P40
Taurus P-145

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My dealer just called to say he got a couple of PT-145 Pros in... guess I'll have to make a road trip this afternoon! ;D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Remember, you really DO need one of these.......!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, call it a need fulfilled... I am now the owner of a stainless P145 Pro, s/n NZL666xx.

I brought it home, gave it a quick cleaning, and then took it out back to put 100 rounds thru it, all CCI Blazer, and did not have a single problem... although I did have to don my shooting glove after the first 50 rounds... that "checkering" on the back-strap gets irritating after awhile!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I hope you were as impressed with the gun as I was. For the price, I'd call it a great deal. I just wish it would warm up so I can get out and shoot it more!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
That checkering is painful! I took a sheet of sandpaper, cut it into strips and lightly sanded down the edges on the chekercing. It's MUCH better now. :)

Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was surprised at the finish work on the gun new in the box. The feed ramp was polished smooth, mirror bright, and the inside edges of the slide had no rough spots. My P11 Kel Tec needed quite a bit of hand work to get it to the level I found with the Taurus. I was impressed with the degree of finishing for a gun of this price. For $320, it wouldn't have bothered me to work on the feed ramp and smooth out the slide rails, but I didn't need to do that. This is why I think Taurus is offering a great value for the money. This kind of work you expect in a $500+ gun, but not necessarily in one this price.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flyer,

I thought it was just me... I work for a semi-conductor manufacturer and wear latex gloves about 11 hours a day. The result, a good one according to my wife, is that I have really soft hands... for me that means gloves or blisters whenever I do anything around the yard.

michael,

Although I own and carry a number of Kel-Tecs, my middle son bought a PT-111 Mil Pro as his carry gun last summer... I was impressed with his, but having the P-11 and P-40 KTs didn't think much about buying one. Once I decided I wanted a sub-compact .45 though, the Taurus was my first thought, mainly because I like their, unique among striker fired pistols, double-strike capability. They also seem less chunky than the Glock 30... I'm not ready to give up my Glock 29 though!

Pics:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Using my RCBS guage, the single action pull measured 5.75 pounds and the double action came in at only 7lbs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts