Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judge 3"
Grips- Are all 3 models the same size? what are altrenative i can look for IE (s+w colt models will fit)
AMMO- Can the 3" take a magnum 410 or 45 LC rounds? If so what is the best BANG for my buck if no what is the max the gun can handle for both the 45 or 410...Yea i am Noob when it comes to the judge.
Carry Holster- Are all 3 Models the same? IF not what are the diffrence i need to know before I buy. Form fitting leather or just nynol avaible.
Zombiez formula-close? or are we still a few year away from that?

Thank you for any and all help....

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
All of the Judge line fires 410 shot shells and 45lc ammo. The Raging Judge does both of those and the 454 Casull round in addition.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Grips- Houge Tracker are the only other grips I know that will fit other than factory
Ammo- You don't have to worry about any 410 ammo being too hot, but I wouldn't do any +P 45LC
I like federal 3" handgun loads the best for value and power. It's around 14 bucks for 20
I carry mine in a Simply Rugged pancake holster with inside out straps for inside the wasteband carry. N2 tactical will make a custom tuckable holster on request.

Hope I was some help, Centurion, Bear, and Nobel Sport ammo are prone to expand/seperate and jam the cylinder in my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Judge models can be confusing. To shoot 3" 410 shells, the Judge must have a 3" cylinder, regardless of barrel length. A 3" 410 will fit into a 2.5" cylinder but will jam the gun when fired as the shell will open into the forcing cone of the barrel. As stated above, factory 410 ammo isn't loaded hot enough to be a problem. However, 45LC can be - stay with standard loads. Again, as stated above, the Federal 000 Personal Defense 410's are great medicine for the Judge. They hold a good pattern out to at least 25 yds (furthest I've shot them). I have a nylon holster for mine (3" cylinder, 3" barrel). Many of the leather holsters I've seen are for the 2.5" cylinder.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Desantis makes a very nice holster for the Judge! I got mine from Cabelas awhile back for my 3" barrel and cyl. You can wear it cross draw or strong side forward can't? Mine says De Santis 016 P5 on the back so Google it up and take a look! I wear mine all day long and wanted a good comfy holster! Works real well! I also have an Uncle Mikes nylon that is made just for the Judge also and it works well also!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you every much for all the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts