Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a disease, it may be curable but I don't want to take a chance and find out. One of it's symptoms is I am attracted to any odd thing that comes around, to that end when our shop got in some of the Double Tap defense derringers in I couldn't help myself.

My logical mind knows that with only 2 rounds it's only real use is a last ditch backup but it's too cute, they also got me laughing by putting "tactical pocket pistol" on the box. I can just see a SWAT team descending on a house full of drug lords armed with these!!

Here it is, my LCP gives a size reference,

It does have a compartment to store 2 more rounds, that should make for a quick tactical reload, LOL.

I am sure most of it's life will be spent in the safe and it cost too much but who cares, I can't take it with me and it does make a nice companion to my .22mag High Standard Derringer. Too bad it wont fit in the same holster though

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not a fan, but nice LCP.

Reactions: stallard

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hehe - yep that is a MIGHTY big 2 shot. Love the ammo storage compartment - VERY tactical. I will say that is by far the FLATTEST gun I have ever seen AND I do believe that I see a lanyard attachment, no?!?! Wow. :)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
WOW! Someone did get one of these! I thought these were the neatest things I have ever seen when I first saw it. Inquiring minds are dying for a range report too. Max effective range or is it just a great belly gun for a close and intimate dance? This is beyond kewl and I like it!

·
Banned
1,997 Posts
AFTER 3 YEARS I PICKED UP MY DOUBLE TAP THIS AFTERNOON FROM GANDER MT.. 45ACP NON PORTED Aluminum DA 52X. BIG BOX FOR A LITTLE GUN!! Quality and the black finish is excellant. Trigger pull long however good for a DA derringer. I used snap caps.
Big red tag on it saying do not use +P ammo.
Well worth the $535. with TAX
Larger than my Downsizer that has only 1 round.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I am sure most of it's life will be spent in the safe and it cost too much but who cares, I can't take it with me and it does make a nice companion to my .22mag High Standard Derringer. Too bad it wont fit in the same holster though

You know, I was just thinking of a High Standard Derringer when seeing your Double Tap. Cool set of mini-guns. :cool:

Now, I just wanna know, how does that Double Tap feel . . . when you fire it four times? ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,150 Posts
Hey two 45 rounds is better then throwing a stick or beating your knuckles bloody. Plus the boom and the hole that thing would make would be a fight ender. :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm as weak as anyone here in a gun shop, but I'd resist that one. But ... a gun is a gun. Shoot it (occasionally) in good health.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
It's simple, and I love simple. For some reason it's visually very appealing while standard derringers aren't.

And as far as the price, aren't Bond Arms derringers from Texas in about the same range? Enjoy the new gun :).

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
It's simple, and I love simple. For some reason it's visually very appealing while standard derringers aren't.

And as far as the price, aren't Bond Arms derringers from Texas in about the same range? Enjoy the new gun :).
My thoughts exactly! I've been known for paying more than what an armed and peaceful society has deemed reasonable because, well, I wanted it. Congrats again.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've been interested ever since seeing it on "Persons of Interest".

·
Registered
913 Posts
Made in my home town in a facility that makes parts for Boeing as well. Sure it ain't practical, you could by two TCP's and have 14 rounds loaded and ready on your person. But sometimes practical ain't the selling point. It's a nifty design, and who knows if that smooth, flat, thin form factor would come in handy. I'm not placing an order, but I understand the itch.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
That would fit right under the dog dish, can't have enough toys' I say. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
Do you actually make any money at your "job"?:D Probably a good thing I don't work at a gun shop. Enjoy your gun, I don't think it is any more of a waste of money than a Bond derringer.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are you a FFL dealer stallard? How did you get it below the $499. MSRP?

my gun room on this site-thread:

A glimps of my little collection. - Page 3

I work at a gun store but get no discount,
owner doesn't hide the fact that he prices firearms 10% over cost so he can't afford to give me a discount. :)

He does this no matter how hard the item is to get and we don't do pre-orders so you just got to be there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts