Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a new full length mirror and I need a gun safe.

I just switch out out router because the wife was complaining that she couldn't get very good reception in the bed room on her ipad.
So I bought a new better one and was showing her how much faster her ipad was working on pintrest. I scrolling very rapidly through the "pins" and just happened to stop on this image:

Holly Crap what is that awesome beautiful thing I see?!?

Tactical Walls

Man is that a reasonably price unit or what?!?

And they look fantastic!

And they took photos with a Taurus!!! I'm sold!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wish I knew about this when I was in the market for a safe. I ended up getting a sweet deal on one at Walmart on black Friday, but wow do those look like a good deal. I may consider one of the smaller ones to have my pistol a bit more accessible than it currently is(in my safe in my closet won't help if I need it in seconds). Great find!

Sent from my Bosch ECU via VAG COM

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one the wife says we'll get is the one with the Gadsden flag insert. Man do they look good!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
The one the wife says we'll get is the one with the Gadsden flag insert. Man do they look good!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.
Kudos to you for going with her suggestion.
The only way I have awakened every morning these past 30+ years is the fact that I know when to defer to "The Administrator".

·
Registered
21,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kudos to you for going with her suggestion.
The only way I have awakened every morning these past 30+ years is the fact that I know when to defer to "The Administrator".
Yes. The "Administrator".

Reactions: TXEric

·
Registered
19,174 Posts
Thanks for sharing ... Nice idea for a home with children...

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
Do they make a steel version?

·
Banned
7 Posts
Homak gun safes are a very cheap alternative for gun storage. Although the majority of their long gun units are actually gun cabinets, not safes, they're still a reasonable option for keeping guns out of the hands of children, and less-than-motivated thieves.

·
Registered
34,520 Posts
I think that's a great idea. The only fly I see in the ointment is that framers tend to get sloppy sometimes and they don't always get your wall studs set 16 inches on center. Some homes also have interior walls that are 24 inches on center. So before you order and cut open your wall, you might want to make sure your studs are accommodating. Also, remember that exterior walls or walls that adjoin garages will have insulation in them. Wiring is also an issue but not an insurmountable one, just don't choose a wall pocket directly over a wall outlet. (Check both sides of the wall!) Walls that are opposite a kitchen or room with cabinets hung on the walls may have blocking in between the studs for fastening the cabinets to the walls. Also, some fire codes require fire breaks in between studs at various intervals. These are just short pieces of 2 x 4 nailed in between the studs horizontally. The same concept applies to walls with bathroom or laundry rooms on the other side. Check for plumbing. If your home is concrete block construction, you will not be able to easily put this item into a block wall unless you have masonry skills. Same issue for log homes or solid timber walls. Homes built prior to 1910 will more than likely have fully dimensioned rough cut studs 16" on center which means that the nominal space in between studs will be less than 14 1/2 ". All I'm saying is check out your walls before you order. It is a very practical idea!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.