Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I have now entered the 20th century. How you ask? I have abandoned charcoal for gas! I finally bought my first gas grill this week, and man is it nice! I used to love using charcoal, but the gas grill is much more convenient, cooks fast, and really tastes just as good. I may use charcoal again from time to time, but I am definitely sold on gas! :D

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I have been using gas for years, but I do like using charcoal when I get a chance.

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Super Moderator
34,947 Posts
Gas is okay for grilling steaks or something, but I smoke a lot of my own venison and wild pork sausage and BBQ wild pork roasts a lot and gas SUX for BBQ. I really don't think gas would give me that good old Pecan or Mesquite flavor to my sausage, either.

If all you do is grill, steaks or hotdogs or such, gas is okay, but if I ever own one other than my little portable I take along in the camper, I'll not rid myself of a charcoal/wood smoker. Of course, if all you do is grill, you don't know how to REALLY cook. LOL!

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Congrats on the shiny new grill!

*shaking head* Better taste??? Are you sniffing the fumes already? The correct charcoal will blow gas away without even trying for flavor.

Sarge

Reactions: A-TEAM 513

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Your wife said..."great, now do the dishes and take out the trash". :eek:
*grin* Mine added, "Gee more work for the wife in the kitchen making the rest of dinner."

Sarge

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I used gas for about 4 years and I do agree it is much quicker to just start it up and start grilling but I went back to charcoal due to the flavor. To me, charcoal is the best at adding flavor. Lump charcoal is the only way to do it.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Super Moderator
40,396 Posts
Congrats on your new toy.

I stick to charcoal, I think when gas grills first came out with lava rocks they were better then today’s hot plate/baffle style gas grills. At least the lava rocks would add some seasoned flavor over time.

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
I prefer BBQ cooked over chunks of wood buried in the ground. I guess that means I've entered the 18th Century.

Reactions: RevolverFan

·
Registered
811 Posts
Okay, you are in the 20th century. Let me know when you make it into the 21st century with the rest of us!
You going to run out and get you one of them new fangled model A's now?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I use gas for quick meals, otherwise it's charcoal the taste is much better

·
17,571 Posts
I use gas. I grill four or more times a week, I'm not waiting on charcoal. Now for bbq I use charcoal of course.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
ENJOY!! Hank Hill would be proud!! I use a couple of the smoker boxes with wood chips on the lava rocks to add the smokey flavor. When is supper?? :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congrats on the shiny new grill.:) I used a gas grill most of my adult life. I use charcoal now, mostly because I like the smell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts