Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this gun cabinet here. My wife hates it and I've grown less fond of it. I think I paid $40 for it at a silent auction. I'm looking into selling it and have no idea how to price it. It seems pretty solid and has locks everywhere. The pulls for the bottom cabinet come off and can be stored elsewhere as a further deterrent on top of the locks. The glass doors slide from side to side and I have a lock that gets placed between them to keep the valuables as safe as they can be behind glass doors. It currently sits behind my bar pretty much empty except for what's in the bottom cabinets. I always planned on putting some wrought iron doors or something like that in front of the glass for added security before I would put anything in there and just never got around to it.

The picture is kind of lousy, I apologize. It's the best I could do standing between it and my bar.

20180612_235844.jpg

I didn't post this in the classifieds as I have no plan to sell it here due to the size and extreme unlikelihood someone here would be able to pick it up. My plan is to sell it and build a nice cabinet to put in its place to store and reload from there much like olfarhors' setup that I absolutely fell in love with for the simplicity and space savings. The one I build will be mostly wood with steel reinforcement in critical areas.

So... any idea what someone might pay for something like this?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to give a rough idea of my craftsmanship, my bar (pictured still somewhat in progress but is finished now):

20170127_200645.jpg

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I have no clue what that might be worth resale. Though I would try and find a fair price and then place it on your local craigslist with some good pictures. So how bad do you want it gone? Really bad = price it low, it will go fast. Price it fair and it may take some time to find the right buyer. Good Luck!

I would think the $75.00 - $150.00 range. But then I may be completely off track.

Reactions: JeeperCreeper

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Heck, I'd give ya' $100 for it if it didn't have that rattlesnake curled up in the corner!!
That rattlesnake is a sling that I made myself using about 300 feet of paracord. It's got QD swivels and is a custom fit. I could've made provisions for size adjustment but I thought it looked ugly and I have no plan to give it away with any gun I might sell or trade so I just didn't see a reason to.

I suppose $100 seems a fair price. I'll give it a shot on craigslist.

Reactions: chefduane

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Post the ad with...."I got rid of all my guns so I'm selling....." or "Lost all my guns in a boating accident so...."

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I have that exact case which I've had for over 40 years. I use it keep a few rifles and a couple of shotguns that I use the most and may need to get to in a hurry. The rest stay in my safe. Not the prettiest but lockable and functional, I just keep it in walkin closter out of sight.

Reactions: JeeperCreeper

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
Leave the sling in the bottom when you insert the picture in your ad, and post a disclaimer: "Guardian rattlesnake not included with cabinet."

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have this gun cabinet here. My wife hates it and I've grown less fond of it. I think I paid $40 for it at a silent auction. I'm looking into selling it and have no idea how to price it. It seems pretty solid and has locks everywhere. The pulls for the bottom cabinet come off and can be stored elsewhere as a further deterrent on top of the locks. The glass doors slide from side to side and I have a lock that gets placed between them to keep the valuables as safe as they can be behind glass doors. It currently sits behind my bar pretty much empty except for what's in the bottom cabinets. I always planned on putting some wrought iron doors or something like that in front of the glass for added security before I would put anything in there and just never got around to it.

The picture is kind of lousy, I apologize. It's the best I could do standing between it and my bar.

View attachment 417923

I didn't post this in the classifieds as I have no plan to sell it here due to the size and extreme unlikelihood someone here would be able to pick it up. My plan is to sell it and build a nice cabinet to put in its place to store and reload from there much like olfarhors' setup that I absolutely fell in love with for the simplicity and space savings. The one I build will be mostly wood with steel reinforcement in critical areas.

So... any idea what someone might pay for something like this?
I'd start out pricing that at around $150/OBO. You'll have a couple of people who, basically, will want you to give it to them. And, you'll have people who will make legitimate offers.

What it's worth is the price you're willing to take for it.

You can post it on your local Craigslist or in FB "For sale". If you have Penny Saver, you can place an ad there.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did some searching on Facebook and craigslist. There are very many for sale in my area on Facebook. Way more than I would've ever expected. Some are priced so low as to be practically giving it away.

I decided to just go ahead and throw it out there on both sites for $100 and see if anything bites. I was hoping to see these go for a little more to fund my reloading cabinet project but $100 should be close enough.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here's my idea:

I want it to look like this on the outside

002-003.jpg

And like this on the inside

Reloading bench-01.JPG

(Credit: Olfarhors Munitions Inc)

Attachments

Reactions: kmw1954 and darbo

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
I don't know. I did consider a "grandfather clock" thing on this site that had a gun cabinet below, wasn't glass fronted. But, I wanted a little more security and it only held 6 long guns, I needed a few more. It was $277 advertised as a sale and didn't look any better than yours except that it had a cheap clock at the top. :D

So, used, I'm thinkin' $150 is a good suggestion.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe I should've asked for more. Sold it in the first hour of being posted on Facebook :D O well. Still more than twice what I paid for it.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right person at the right time. Now you have $100 you didn't have before. Win/Win
Should be enough to do what I want to do for a reloading cabinet. I have pretty much everything I need. Just need the wood. Good enough for me :)

Reactions: darbo
1 - 17 of 17 Posts