Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember in the "old days" a television commercial break was maybe two minutes long? Nowadays, you've got time to take an egg out of the fridge, boil the water, cook the egg, and have it shelled and eaten in the time it takes for a commercial break to finish...

And what's with the selective outrage about certain commercials? You've no doubt heard the flack going on about a certain Super Bowl commercial that won't be aired on the Right Coast, yes?

OK, rant over :D

·
Registered
654 Posts
Some people have run out of things to complain about. God forbid a sexy woman breaks up a game between two teams i don't care about.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Some times commercial breakes are so long , I pick up my nook and read , this kind of freaks the little woman out , she doesn't understand how I can keep concentration to read during commercials , sometime it seems like the breaks are looonnng . So I read.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
You know it is bad when there are commercial breaks during the infomercials.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hmmmmmm... Remember when you went to the movies, and saw a few previews, then, wait are you ready......
YES..... the actual movie!! Now you see 30 min of commercials, followed by 20 min of previews and then, finally the movie.

And the good TV shows set the hook, by letting you watch about 8 to 10 min when it first starts,
then reels you in with commercial breaks after every 2 minutes of the show as it gets closer to the end of the show..

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I watch Netflix and Youtube. No commercials on Netflix and Youtube makes you watch 5 seconds of a commercial before you can skip it. I tried Hulu and they wanted me to pay to watch their commercials so I cancelled it within an day.

·
Registered
24,598 Posts
When the commercial breaks come on, I dial up TaurusArmed and get my post count up.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Hmmmmmm... Remember when you went to the movies, and saw a few previews, then, wait are you ready......
YES..... the actual movie!! Now you see 30 min of commercials, followed by 20 min of previews and then, finally the movie.

And the good TV shows set the hook, by letting you watch about 8 to 10 min when it first starts,
then reels you in with commercial breaks after every 2 minutes of the show as it gets closer to the end of the show..

And the movies have some of the best parts cut out "so it can run in the allotted time slot" as well as "modified to fit the format".

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
And all the commercials are timed to run at the exact time as other stations do. Plus, the volume on the commercials are much more than what was playing. In my area, they run a Sonic commercial with a couple of gay guys trying to be funny, than a sexual enhancement ad, than repeat both before regular programming returns.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I like the Carl's Jr commercials.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,938 Posts
I'm with kruizer and rago, TA.net or read a book, again the wife doesn't understand. Personally I think it has developed from years of listening to her, and watching the game at the same time. :eek:

·
Registered
18,796 Posts
I watch my dog. Way more entertaining than tv and when she takes a break....:happy:...I get kisses. I can deal with that kind of interruption anytime. :smile:

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
How else would I learn about products I didn't know I needed 2 of?

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
And all the commercials are timed to run at the exact time as other stations do. Plus, the volume on the commercials are much more than what was playing. In my area, they run a Sonic commercial with a couple of gay guys trying to be funny, than a sexual enhancement ad, than repeat both before regular programming returns.
You aren't the only one that hates those Sonic commericals! If murder were legal and not morally
wrong, I can't count the number of times I've thought about emptying a magazine into the front
windshield of that car while the two guys in that car sit at the drive thru.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Ahhh, the remote control & that mute button works wonders! :D

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Remember in the "old days" a television commercial break was maybe two minutes long? Nowadays, you've got time to take an egg out of the fridge, boil the water, cook the egg, and have it shelled and eaten in the time it takes for a commercial break to finish...

And what's with the selective outrage about certain commercials? You've no doubt heard the flack going on about a certain Super Bowl commercial that won't be aired on the Right Coast, yes?
Don't watch tv.
It's not that difficult. Just don't turn it on and like magic it doesn't turn on.
There is nothing on television worth watching much less remembering.

Imagine there was an industry that sold a product and charged outrageous fees and then inserted commercials
that makes even more money and still charges the customers to watch those commercials. TV is 1/3rd commercials.
That's like buying a new car and being forced to have a car salesmen in the back seat who keeps trying to sell you another car
for as long as you own the one you just bought and on top of that you have to pay his salary.

·
22,294 Posts
I tried Hulu and they wanted me to pay to watch their commercials so I cancelled it within an day.
Yeah, if I'm paying I refuse to listen to commercials. This is why I'll NEVER pay for radio. They take your money, and still have to listen to commercials. Er, no.

In my area, they run a Sonic commercial with a couple of gay guys trying to be funny, than a sexual enhancement ad, than repeat both before regular programming returns.
I like the Carl's Jr commercials.
Elwood, Elwood, Elwood. Wow.

The first of those commercials was mildly amusing. Mildly. The second time that commercial ran, it was already annoying. When they made it into a series of commercials, Sauron grew another eye.

Reactions: gunnerk19

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
The first of those commercials was mildly amusing. Mildly. The second time that commercial ran, it was already annoying. When they made it into a series of commercials, Sauron grew another eye.
I don't care who you are that right there is funny.

I view commercials as insults.
I have actually NOT bought a product because of the product's commercials.
If I want to buy something I will research it and then buy the best one according to my opinion.
So.........commercial people.........just shut the Hell up and stay off my tv. You're irritating and you insult my intelligence.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts