"a male was arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife."

Suspicion of possessing a knife.

Suspicion. Of a knife.

Good lord.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have a spring assisted opening knife. Just press a button and viola! I would get strung up for having that around those idiots.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
I have said it before: How in the world can those snowflakes be the descendants of a generation that rallied to "...we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.”

Their own Greatest Generation would disown the lot of them.

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
Actually, I was 8 years old when I started carrying my BSA knife. :D I currently have a Kershaw assisted opener on my person, but what'd REALLY get me in trouble with the snowflakes is probably my Leatherman multitool. I can pull teeth with those pliers. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Is this real??? People freaking out about that?

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
You know, when I first saw it, I thought it was so cool. There were a group of bag pipers in kilts (no, Tex wasn't with 'em) that marched through a fancy restaurant in down town Houston where I'd taken my wife to eat on St. Patty's day. The last drummer in the line had a knife carried on his ankle. I had all sorts of thoughts about going into battle with the English. I guess I'd probably just seen Braveheart. :rofl: Turns out, that tradition is just so he can cut the wedding cake. :rofl: He could probably just as well be "armed" with a large butter knife. :rolleyes:

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
You guys are overlooking the fact that it wasn't a regular knife. It was an assault knife.

·
Super Moderator
35,435 Posts
Do butchers in Britain have to register their knives? Seems I've heard something about that. I just got done butchering 6 deer, of course wouldn't have had to do that without owning a rifle. I suppose gun control is the ultimate answer to the need for knives. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
You guys are overlooking the fact that it wasn't a regular knife. It was an assault knife.
NO, even worse, it was "offensive".

"He was stopped by police and searched and a knife was found. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon," the spokesman said.

I speak with them regularly, and I've never once heard any of my guns or knives be rude. :D

Reactions: slong115

·
Super Moderator
20,059 Posts
NO, even worse, it was "offensive".

"He was stopped by police and searched and a knife was found. He was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon," the spokesman said.

I speak with them regularly, and I've never once heard any of my guns or knives be rude. :D
How do they know it was an “offensive knife”? I’ve got ARs and AKs but since I’m not military or LEO I consider them to be ONLY DEFENSIVE in nature. They can’t act on their own - I have to “motivate” them into action.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts