Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1

Administrator
I think you'll find that a lot of folks own what they own because of the name. Especially a lot of the younger guys. Really all that matters, is that it runs for you.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #3
Well, if I drop 2500 on a gun and it doesn't run, I'd be a little more POed than 400. LOL! But, really, I think it's proof that not every gun that comes off the line, not even with a 2500 dollar price tag, is going to not need to be fixed. I've had guns that needed work out of the box, a couple. Both were 1911s, too. Hmmmmmmm.....

I'm not really a 1911 guy. I see a lot of flaws in the basic design that more modern guns have improved upon and in many cases the aftermarket has addressed. I think it's a good basic platform for the guy that wants to build a custom gun, but I cannot FATHOM paying $2500 for one, frankly.

Registered
For $2500 it had better have tires....

Steelheart

Wilson generally puts out a decent product.

It sounds like part owner and part gun trouble from some of the posts and what is said. And why dump on Wilson? The world at large doesn't need to know. Or are the whiners running out of targets?
If I had a problem I would send the gun back or have them make good in some way on this.Understanding what to do if something goes wrong is paramount in buying anything.

The thread starter needs to get experience and knowledge about these pistols first if he doesn't already. Sounds like he doesn't have much to begin with.

One has to know the gun intimately prior to taking it out for a spin. One does not get a Porche, BMW, or a Audi right off the bat and then expect to drive like a pro or have nothing go wrong. One starts out with a basic car and gets an education on how things work.

Wilson has always backed the products and stands behind them.
And here we sit with our less costly blasters and smile, smile, and smile. ;D :D

Registered
$2,500 would buy quite a few nice Taurus and Ruger products. :D

Registered
I know guys who have spent $2500 on one gun. Most of these guys will also bring it to the local gunsmith guru for "fine tuning" and a variety of upgrades and custom work and drop another $500 to boot. My entire handgun inventory which includes 12 guns comes in at less than $2500. And I shoot all of them. Most of those $2500 jobs spend a lot of time locked in a gun safe.

Administrator
A Shooting Friend of mine has an expensive Les Baer 1911 that has gone back to the Shop 3 times, for one thing or another. One time we were at the Range shooting and the retention pin holding the mainspring housing, broke, letting the Mainspring housing drop from the pistol. We all tried not to laugh, too hard! (Also, this Pistol is one he carries.) I imagine Les Baer caught an earful, the next morning!

Stuff happens and he still carries that 1911. I suppose that I could of offered to lend him a Taurus PT945 or a .45 Witness! ;D

Does not matter who makes it, stuff can happen! Murphy's Law is that if anything can go wrong, it will! (I've heard that Murphy was an optimist! :eek: )

Also, I do like some Wilson 1911 parts and magazines!

Registered
I was brain washed by "If it's expensive, it's better" and fell in to the trap of buying a Kimber Stainless Target II(The one I rented was INCREDIBLE, the one I bought was a worthless POS) which malfunctioned from day one! and I bought a Wilson CQB which supposedly won an IDPA against FBI guys and was previously an accurate tack driver.

Well, like my Kimber, the CQB malfunctioned first time out as well. mrnuke7571 is my friend and shooting partner. He gave me some MFS hollow points to try. 7 of 8 worked flawlessly, but the eighth round ftf on him when He tried my gun. I didn't think anything of it as several more rounds went through w/o a hitch. When it started FTF the first round of "BALL" ammo, I became ticked(while nuke was laughing at me ;) and firing my FORMER $375. Charles Daly EFS 1911(mind you, the MFS hollow points went through it effortlessly)

In the end, what works for some, doesn't work for others. The fellow I bought my Springfield 1911 from(to the day, it is my most dependable pistol! and was under $400.) and Wilson CQB had alll high end guns. Mostly safe queens, But He said they we're reliable when used.

High end guns didn't do a damn thing for me except piss me off and drain my bank account!

By all means, try before you buy if you can. Hopefully what you try..when it's yours works for you.

Registered
That gun really wasn't a Wilson... it was a PT1911 with a Wilson stamp on the slide...

/runs away

Registered
Your mistake with the Kimber was to get the Series II gun. You should have gotten a Series I. Mine ran fine and fed everything I asked it to. The only reliability issues was that every so often you had to stick your pinkie in the ejection port (with the slide locked back) and wipe the carbon off the feed ramp.

/runs other direction

With all this running away you guys should be French politicians or in great shape. :D ;)

Smith & Wesson has taken first place in the bashing department.
From the revolver locks to QC of said revolvers S & W are taking a beating at many of the gun forums.
Now the M&P pistols are on the spit and over the fire. From rust to a myriad of other real or imagined goings on, there seems to be a major trend here.

Couldn't find a regular Taurus bashing. At least this week. Some tried but were intercepted and dealt with or only real owners responded to questions.

Amazing. Seems to be the same bunch who go from brand to brand and drop fertilizer all over the threads. :D

Registered
I am in shape, round is a shape!

Registered
This is why you won't see me dropping $2k on any gun. I buy my guns to fire. From my $300 Taurus' through my $500 Rugers to my $700 Smiths they all fire every time and hit what I am aiming at. I don't need bragging rights on who made my guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts