Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High 70's and low 80's for this past week. What happened to March? Tree's and Shrubs are blooming and leafing, insects are out in force, grass is growing like crazy and now the snakes are coming out. Where did Spring go?

·
Administrator
39,391 Posts
Today, it's Spring, I watched Robins, pulling worms out of the lawn in the back yard today. We had a little rain yesterday, and it must have brought them to the surface.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I mowed yesterday. I don't think I've ever done that this early before.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Been mowing here, before rain started yesterday everything was yellow with pollen. All the fruit trees are in full bloom, some a week or two ago. Fig tree covered with tiny figs and trees leafing out. We will probably have another frost before the end of April. Have for past several years. Will destroy the fruit and things that are out too early, did last year.

·
Super Moderator
35,582 Posts
We've been in the 80's in Northern Illinois pretty much all week and the trees and jonquils are all blooming. We usually say if you don't like the weather in Chicago, wait five minutes. We probably won't break 70 today and have rain from now until Sunday with moderating weather. My lawn mowing guy called to say he's going to start on the 30th, for the 1st time the grass will be ready for him!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hmmm, woke up yesterday with a new dusting of snow, supposed to get to the low 50's today, thats t-shirt weather!!! Spring hasn't hit yet here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its been in the mid 80s here pretty much all week up until today. Today was a nice break from the heat.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
We don't have spring and fall in Southeast Tennessee anymore; it just goes from too cold to too hot and from too hot
to too cold.
By the way; has anyone seen any HUMMING BIRDS yet? I have had my feeders out for two weeks now and no sign
of them yet. Please let me know when you see them.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Been warm here a while. I think spring came through in February 3rd. We've mowed twice now. It's kinda nice to mow seein' as the grass has been dead for a year.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Summer ran away from Pittsburgh over the weekend. Today our high was 45, so i guess it's a reminder that spring isn't over yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts